Обсуждение: [INFO] - vm.dirty_ratio/background_ratio

[INFO] - vm.dirty_ratio/background_ratio

От
"drum.lucas@gmail.com"
Дата:
Hi guys,

I've got a 128GB server with SATA disks.. and I'm having I/O issue....

NO! I Can't change the disks to SAS or SSD =\

Anyway... just wanna understand the parameters below:
[root@741293-03 ~]$ sysctl -a | grep dirty
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 20
vm.dirty_background_bytes = 0
vm.dirty_ratio = 25
vm.dirty_bytes = 0
vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs = 500
vm.dirty_expire_centisecs = 3000

Would be that a good value to work with?
Can you guys tell me what are you using at the moment?

cheers

Re: [INFO] - vm.dirty_ratio/background_ratio

От
Victor Yegorov
Дата:
I've got a 128GB server with SATA disks.. and I'm having I/O issue....
[root@741293-03 ~]$ sysctl -a | grep dirty
vm.dirty_background_ratio = 20
vm.dirty_background_bytes = 0
vm.dirty_ratio = 25
vm.dirty_bytes = 0
vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs = 500
vm.dirty_expire_centisecs = 3000

I think you should lower your `dirty_background_ratio`, 'cos currently kernel will start writing down dirty data from the cache when 20% of `Active` (as reported by /proc/vmstat) is filled,
on 128GB server this can be a lot. You should base your settings on your IO subsystem capabilities — somewhere around the size of the cache of your RAID array.

If you really have IO issues, consider checking more kernel parameters:

    sysctl -a|egrep '^vm.(dirty|swap|over)'

and also check `pg_stat_bgwriter` data, it shows accumulated data about IO performed by checkpoints, bgwriter and individual backends.

For reference, I really like the following pages:

--
Victor Y. Yegorov

Re: upsert example about postgres9.5

От
koff10
Дата:
Hi all,

It's known that postgres 9.5 has introduce  upsert  instruction.
Is somebody can show  me how to use this instruction ?
Do the UPSERT commande exists in  SQL ?

Thanks
koff

Re: upsert example about postgres9.5

От
"Gilberto Castillo"

> Hi all,
>
> It's known that postgres 9.5 has introduce  upsert  instruction.
> Is somebody can show  me how to use this instruction ?
> Do the UPSERT commande exists in  SQL ?

insert into accesos_usuarios (usuarios, accesos)
values ('8kdata',1)
on conflict (usuarios)
do update set
accesos = accesos_usuarios.accesos + EXCLUDED.accesos;

insert into accesos_usuarios (usuarios, accesos)
values ('8kdata',1), ('8kdata2',1)
on conflict do nothing;

Tomado de un presentación de Alvaro Hernadez  En Cuba

--
Saludos,
Gilberto Castillo

Re: upsert example about postgres9.5

От
koff10
Дата:
Thanks for your reply.
So there is no Sql instruction like UPSERT !

koff.