Обсуждение: Auto Vacuum Daemon not running even though it's been configured

Auto Vacuum Daemon not running even though it's been configured

От
Wei Shan
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm running PostgreSQL 9.2.4. I have autovacuum configured within my database. However, when I verify it, it has never been ran even though the autovacuum process is running.

Autovacuum Parameters:

postgres=# show autovacuum;
 autovacuum
------------
 on

postgres=# show track_counts;
 track_counts
--------------
 on

Verification:

Step 1:
[root@tiffany1 ~]# grep autovacuum /var/log/messages

Step 2:
[root@tiffany1 ~]# ps -aef | grep autovacuum
postgres  4923  4883  0 Jul20 ?        00:00:15 postgres: autovacuum launcher process
root     52995  5313  0 10:12 pts/0    00:00:00 grep autovacuum

Step 3:
select schemaname,relname,last_vacuum,last_autovacuum,last_analyze,last_autoanalyze,vacuum_count,autovacuum_count,analyze_count,autoanalyze_count from pg_stat_user_tables;

All the values were 0 for the tables in every single database.

Any advice please?

Thanks!

Ang Wei Shan

Re: Auto Vacuum Daemon not running even though it's been configured

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On 07/21/2015 07:16 PM, Wei Shan wrote:

> Any advice please?

1. Get the heck off 9.2.4 (9.2.13 is the recommended version)
2. Try analyzing the database and then doing a large update on a test table
3. report back results.