Обсуждение: Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password

Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password

От
sharon
Дата:
Hi,

I'm using postgres 9.2 on windows 7. I've changed the password of
postgres user with pgadmin but now i'm unable to log in.
There are two users accounts but only one is the admin. The problem is
that the postgres' user expire date is set in 1970, I can see this from
the other account.
Is possible to replace users with a configuration hack? Or is possible
to install everything again without loosing database's data?
Is there a way to solve this issue?

Thank you

Sharon

Re: Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password

От
Jerry Sievers
Дата:
sharon <sharon@erabyte.it> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using postgres 9.2 on windows 7. I've changed the password of
> postgres user with pgadmin but now i'm unable to log in.
> There are two users accounts but only one is the admin. The problem is
> that the postgres' user expire date is set in 1970, I can see this
> from the other account.
> Is possible to replace users with a configuration hack? Or is possible
> to install everything again without loosing database's data?
> Is there a way to solve this issue?

Fix your pg_hba.conf file to not require a password from the affected
user, reload it and then login and do a good pw reset and set
valid-until to infinity..

alter role postgres password 'good-pw' valid until 'infinity';

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

Re: Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password

От
sharon@erabyte.it
Дата:
 Hi,
after fixing pg_hba.conf with host    "all             postgres             localhost               trust" i started psql or pgadmin and i tryed to log in but i still had to type a password.
After fixing the file .conf i restarted the service with no luck.
Any hint?

Thank you

Sharon

Re: [ADMIN] Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting
e: postgres.consulting@comcast.net
p: 312.241.7800

Re: Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password

От
Payal Singh
Дата:
looks like you missed the 'type' value in pg_hba? the sequence is type, database, user, address, method

Payal Singh,
Junior Database Administrator,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting
e: postgres.consulting@comcast.net
p: 312.241.7800

Re: Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password

От
sharon

I'm sorry, there was a typing error. I fixed pg_hba.conf with " host    all             postgres             localhost               trust ". I'm still unable to run pgadmin or psql.

Thank you

Sharon

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting
e: postgres.consulting@comcast.net
p: 312.241.7800

Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2014.0.4259 / Database dei virus: 3684/7061 - Data di rilascio: 04/02/2014

Re: Admin user issue: unable to login after changing password

От
desmodemone

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting
e: postgres.consulting@comcast.net
p: 312.241.7800

Nessun virus nel messaggio.
Controllato da AVG - www.avg.com
Versione: 2014.0.4259 / Database dei virus: 3684/7061 - Data di rilascio: 04/02/2014

Hello sharon,
                        first : please use bottom posting , so it's more easy to read the mail history / thread from up to down.
Second: could you attach the pg_hba.conf ?
Third: how you connect to postgresql ?
Four: after modify the pg_hba.conf, did you reload or restart postgresql?

I explain:  if you connect to "localhost"  the rule

host     all             postgres             localhost               trust

make you enter in the database trough the 127.0.0.1 on 5432 ( I imagine you have the default settings and the firewall with the open port or firewall down ) without password

psql -U postgres -h localhost

will connect to database

if you not specified "locahost"  the probably rule you will meet will be about "local" connection :

local     all             all                             peer

that will make you enter without password, only if your OS account exists in the database.

Bye

Mat