Обсуждение: failover and switchover in postgresql

failover and switchover in postgresql

От
metsarin
Дата:
Dear Community!

For example, I have two servers. First is the primary server and second is
the slave server. I need slave server  to become primary (temp) during
primary server is down. Then old primary was fixed. I need old primary
server is the primary server and then old slave server (new primary (temp))
to become slave server. Pls help me to explain how solve this problem.
Thanks!

Re: failover and switchover in postgresql

От
Payal Singh
Дата:
After performing a failover, the old slave becomes the new master, but the opposite is not true, that is, the old master does not automatically become the slave. You will need to set up replication from the new master to the to-be slave to be able to switch back.

Payal Singh,
OmniTi Computer Consulting Inc.
Junior Database Architect,
Phone: 240.646.0770 x 253

For example, I have two servers. First is the primary server and second is
the slave server. I need slave server  to become primary (temp) during
primary server is down. Then old primary was fixed. I need old primary
server is the primary server and then old slave server (new primary (temp))
to become slave server. Pls help me to explain how solve this problem.
Thanks!

Re: failover and switchover in postgresql

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
On Oct 25, 2013, at 2:48 AM, metsarin <metsarin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Pls help me to explain how solve this problem.
> Thanks!

The very first thing you need to do is specify your version of PostgreSQL, because these features have seen significant
changesin recent releases.

If you're just getting started, and can use the latest version, that would be best--and you need to say so...

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com