Обсуждение: replication of whole database from one machine to another

replication of whole database from one machine to another

От
amjad usman
Дата:
Hello everybody,

I am new to PostgreSQL. i am using version 9.
I have installed it on two machines.
I have put data about 450 digital documents in one machine.
now i want to copy the same data on the other machine for testing some queries.

can anybody tell me how i can do this?

secondly, my PostgreSQL server sometimes does not start even if i have not changed any configuration file.
whats the problem with this?

Pliz help me sorting out these problems...

Thanx in advance.

Best regards:
Amjeeki

Re: replication of whole database from one machine to another

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
amjad usman <au_marwat@yahoo.com> wrote:

> now i want to copy the same data on the other machine for testing
> some queries.
>
> can anybody tell me how i can do this?

You have many options.  You can review them in the documentation
here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/backup.html

> secondly, my PostgreSQL server sometimes does not start even if i
> have not changed any configuration file.
> whats the problem with this?

You haven't given enough detail to allow anyone to figure that out.
Please read this page and post with more information:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin