Обсуждение: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

От
rahimeh khodadadi
Дата:
Hi readers,

I have problem in compiling of postgresql with krb5 in CentOS;

My compiling statement is :
./configure  --with-krb5 --without-readline  --without-zlib  --with-openssl --with-ldap
because of the fact that Postgresql need ldap in compile with krb5, I have to add  --with-openssl , --with-ldap parameters in configuration.
On the other hand, using  this parameters in configuration, is send following error:
" checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
configure: error: library 'ssl' is required for OpenSSL
"

Please help me.

Thanks
Miss.R.KH

Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

Дата:
rahimeh khodadadi <rahimeh.khodadadi@gmail.com> writes:
> I have problem in compiling of postgresql with krb5 in CentOS;

It should pretty much just work, if you have the appropriate packages
installed.  On RHEL-5 I see the RPMs requiring
BuildPrereq: krb5-devel
BuildPrereq: e2fsprogs-devel
so make sure you have those installed.

> because of the fact that Postgresql need ldap in compile with krb5,

There is no such interaction that I'm aware of.

> On the other hand, using  this parameters in configuration, is send
> following error:
> " checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
> configure: error: library 'ssl' is required for OpenSSL"

Sure looks like you haven't got openssl-devel installed, either.

On the whole, it sounds like you have little experience building
software in the RHEL environment.  Perhaps you should consider
grabbing the Red Hat or PGDG RPMs instead of building your own
version.

            regards, tom lane

Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

От
rahimeh khodadadi
Дата:
I already installed krb5-devel-1.6.1-31.el5_3.3, e2fsprogs-devel-1.39-20.el5, openssl-devel-0.9.8e-7.el5, But it is not compiled.
Please help
Thanks

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
rahimeh khodadadi <rahimeh.khodadadi@gmail.com> writes:
> I have problem in compiling of postgresql with krb5 in CentOS;

It should pretty much just work, if you have the appropriate packages
installed.  On RHEL-5 I see the RPMs requiring
BuildPrereq: krb5-devel
BuildPrereq: e2fsprogs-devel
so make sure you have those installed.

> because of the fact that Postgresql need ldap in compile with krb5,

There is no such interaction that I'm aware of.

> On the other hand, using  this parameters in configuration, is send
> following error:
> " checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
> configure: error: library 'ssl' is required for OpenSSL"

Sure looks like you haven't got openssl-devel installed, either.

On the whole, it sounds like you have little experience building
software in the RHEL environment.  Perhaps you should consider
grabbing the Red Hat or PGDG RPMs instead of building your own
version.

                       regards, tom lane

Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

От
rahimeh khodadadi
Дата:
Nobody does me help. Please.

I already installed krb5-devel-1.6.1-31.el5_3.3, e2fsprogs-devel-1.39-20.el5, openssl-devel-0.9.8e-7.el5, But it is not compiled.
Please help
Thanks

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 6:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
rahimeh khodadadi <rahimeh.khodadadi@gmail.com> writes:
> I have problem in compiling of postgresql with krb5 in CentOS;

It should pretty much just work, if you have the appropriate packages
installed.  On RHEL-5 I see the RPMs requiring
BuildPrereq: krb5-devel
BuildPrereq: e2fsprogs-devel
so make sure you have those installed.

> because of the fact that Postgresql need ldap in compile with krb5,

There is no such interaction that I'm aware of.

> On the other hand, using  this parameters in configuration, is send
> following error:
> " checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
> configure: error: library 'ssl' is required for OpenSSL"

Sure looks like you haven't got openssl-devel installed, either.

On the whole, it sounds like you have little experience building
software in the RHEL environment.  Perhaps you should consider
grabbing the Red Hat or PGDG RPMs instead of building your own
version.

                       regards, tom lane

Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

От
Andreas Wenk
Дата:
rahimeh khodadadi schrieb:
> Nobody does me help. Please.

first it's sunday - so maybe some of the people who may answer your
questions have an off day ;-). On the other hand you should be patient.

As Tom allready mentioned, all dependent packges have to be installed. I
was running in some problems while compiling postgresql 8.4 with these
options.

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql --with-tcl –with-perl \
--with-python --with-krb5 --with-pam --with-openssl –with- \ libxslt
--with-gssapi --with-tclconfig=/usr/lib/tcl8.5 –with- \
includes=/usr/include/libxml2

I made a small trick. I was installing all dependencies for postgresql
8.3 with

$ apt-get build-dep postgresql-8.3

But hey this is just a hack ;-)

And finally I had to install these packages in advance:

$ apt-get install libreadline5-dev libghc6-zlib-dev

It really took a while but worked out. The final advice from one of our
sysadmins was "take the package from your distro" (in this case Debain).

So the only reason I see that you take the walk through hell is that you
have to use the latest postgresql version 8.4. Ubuntu has 8.4 allready,
Debian will have it hopefully soon in backports. I don't know when it
will be available in CentOS ...

Cheers

Andy

Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 18:57 +0200, Andreas Wenk wrote:
> Ubuntu has 8.4 allready,  Debian will have it hopefully soon in
> backports. I don't know when it will be available in CentOS ...

CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora has (development snapshots of) 8.4 since Sep 3,
2008. :)

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-09/msg00208.php
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Вложения

Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 13:10 +0430, rahimeh khodadadi wrote:
> " checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
> configure: error: library 'ssl' is required for OpenSSL"

Do you have redhat-rpm-config package installed?

Also, as Tom pointed out, you can use Red Hat or PGDG RPMs on CentOS:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/howtoyum.php

Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Вложения

Re: complie postgresql with kerberos in centos

От
Andreas Wenk
Дата:
Devrim GÜNDÜZ schrieb:
> CentOS/Red Hat/Fedora has (development snapshots of) 8.4 since Sep 3,
> 2008. :)
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-09/msg00208.php

good to know - thanks ;-)