Обсуждение: Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key

Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key

От
"Ben C"

Hello,

I am trying to restore from a backup db that used oids as primary keys * ... when I do this the max oid value in the new database is around the 1700 mark where as the database I am pulling in is around 20,000,000 . which means any new data added to the dataabse is going to be clobbered.

Is there a way to increment the OID by changing a value in the system tables?

thanks in advance

* at the time this was implemented way back at 7.x, from what I had read it seemed like acceptable practice :/

Re: Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 01:30:23PM +1000, Ben C wrote:

> Is there a way to increment the OID by changing a value in the system tables?

I don't think so, but I just tried creating a table in 8.3 with a
column named "oid", and it worked.  Maybe you can load in your data
that way, so that you don't need to change your application.  (I'd
test it a little more carefully for side effects than I just did, mind.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key

От
Alvaro Herrera
Ben C wrote:

> Is there a way to increment the OID by changing a value in the system tables?

Not a system table, but you can with pg_resetxlog -o.