Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key

От Ben C
Тема Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key
Дата
Re: Restoring Backup With OIDs As Primary Key
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am trying to restore from a backup db that used oids as primary keys * ... when I do this the max oid value in the new database is around the 1700 mark where as the database I am pulling in is around 20,000,000 . which means any new data added to the dataabse is going to be clobbered.

Is there a way to increment the OID by changing a value in the system tables?

thanks in advance

* at the time this was implemented way back at 7.x, from what I had read it seemed like acceptable practice :/