Обсуждение: Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java

Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java

От
Никоноров Григорий
Дата:
Hello!

I have a problem. I try to install PostgreSQL from source with java. I
Installed JDK, ANT properly but when i try to configure i have an error -
Warning.Ignored options - --with-java. Please help me !

[root@lab01 /]# export|grep java
declare -x JAVA_HOME="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03"
declare -x OLDPWD="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03/bin"
declare -x

PATH="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03/bin:"

[root@lab01 rep]# java -version
java version "1.6.0_03"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)

[root@lab01 /]# ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on August 30 2006

config.status: creating GNUmakefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile.global
config.status: creating src/include/pg_config.h
config.status: src/include/pg_config.h is unchanged
config.status: creating src/interfaces/ecpg/include/ecpg_config.h
config.status: src/interfaces/ecpg/include/ecpg_config.h is unchanged
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/tas/dummy.s to
src/backend/port/tas.s
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/dynloader/linux.c to
src/backend/port/dynloader.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/sysv_sema.c to
src/backend/port/pg_sema.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/sysv_shmem.c to
src/backend/port/pg_shmem.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/dynloader/linux.h to
src/include/dynloader.h
config.status: linking ./src/include/port/linux.h to
src/include/pg_config_os.h
config.status: linking ./src/makefiles/Makefile.linux to src/Makefile.port
configure: WARNING: option ignored: --with-java

Thanks in advance!

Re: Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Никоноров Григорий wrote:
> I have a problem. I try to install PostgreSQL from source with java. I
> Installed JDK, ANT properly but when i try to configure i have an error -
> Warning.Ignored options - --with-java. Please help me !

PostgreSQL has no such option.  You may be looking for the JDBC driver.  If
so, see http://jdbc.postgresql.org/.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java

От
Lew
Дата:
Никоноров Григорий wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.When i [sic] download this "JDBC4 Postgresql Driver,
> Version 8.2-506" driver what should i do next to configure PostgreSQL
> with it ?

Place the JAR containing the driver in the classpath for your Java
application.  In the Java program be sure to load the org.postgresql.Driver
class and establish the connection to the database via a URL such as
jdbc:postgresql://yourhost:5432/yourdb.  (JNDI is another approach which does
these steps via a declarative approach.)

If you had read any of the PG JDBC documentation
<http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/82/index.html>
you might have found instructions there.  Chapters 2 and 3 of the referenced
link (from the very same site from which you got the driver) go into some detail.

<http://java.sun.com/> has some excellent information about JDBC in general.
<http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jdbc/index.html>

SunIYF, PGIYF (in this case, jdbc.postgresql.org IYF) and GIYF.

--
Lew

Re: Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java

От
Lew
Дата:
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Никоноров Григорий wrote:
>> I have a problem. I try to install PostgreSQL from source with java. I
>> Installed JDK, ANT properly but when i try to configure i have an error -
>> Warning.Ignored options - --with-java. Please help me !
>
> PostgreSQL has no such option.  You may be looking for the JDBC driver.  If
> so, see http://jdbc.postgresql.org/.

Yes, this answer has been provided to the OP already.

--
Lew

Re: Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java

От
Lew
Дата:

Kris Jurka wrote:
> Starting with the 8.0 release the JDBC driver was made an external
> project instead of bundled with the server source code.  The JDBC driver
> is available from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

Cross-posted to correct the OP's multi-post, so that pgsql.admin will also
contain the response(s).

--
Lew

Re: [GENERAL] Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java

От
Никоноров Григорий
Дата:
Thanks al for the answers !!! I solve my problem uninstalling source
PostgreSQL and installed from binarys. I use JDBC driver from
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/. Now all work fine. :)

p.s. Unfortunately i dont solve problem how to compile postgreSQL with
java but found very easy method to install PostgreSQL with full java
support from binarys.

Grigory.

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 00:36:01 +0300, Lew <lew@lwsc.ehost-services.com>
wrote:

> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Никоноров Григорий wrote:
>>> I have a problem. I try to install PostgreSQL from source with java. I
>>> Installed JDK, ANT properly but when i try to configure i have an
>>> error -
>>> Warning.Ignored options - --with-java. Please help me !
>>  PostgreSQL has no such option.  You may be looking for the JDBC
>> driver.  If so, see http://jdbc.postgresql.org/.
>
> Yes, this answer has been provided to the OP already.

--
Отправлено M2, революционной почтовой программой Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/