Обсуждение: Postgres Array Traversing Problem

Postgres Array Traversing Problem

От
yogesh
Дата:
Hello Friends,

         I have a Problem in Accessing Arrays in the Postgres.
         The Description of my problem is given
here:-----------------------
 I have two array of numeric types. One That stores the IDs and Other
Store their values at respective position.
  One Id could be in more than one Row's Array. Now i have to search
the ID if it is present in the Array or not.

  If present then at what position and to retrieve the corresponding
ID and its Value....present in the other table......
Is there any solution of it................If any Body knows please
reply me as soon as possible.......

any kind of help is appreciated

If you have any problem in understanding problem then mail me....

My EMail Ids are      yogesh.arora.daffodil@gmail.com  and
yogesh.arora@daffodildb.com

I am in wait of your responses............

Thanks in advance..............

Re: Postgres Array Traversing Problem

От
"Dawid Kuroczko"
Дата:
On 10/4/07, yogesh <yogesh.arora.daffodil@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Friends,
>
>          I have a Problem in Accessing Arrays in the Postgres.
>          The Description of my problem is given
> here:-----------------------
>  I have two array of numeric types. One That stores the IDs and Other
> Store their values at respective position.
>   One Id could be in more than one Row's Array. Now i have to search
> the ID if it is present in the Array or not.

Any specific reason why you use arrays instead of normalizing your
schema?

>   If present then at what position and to retrieve the corresponding
> ID and its Value....present in the other table......
> Is there any solution of it................If any Body knows please
> reply me as soon as possible.......

You should use pgsql-sql@postgresql.org list for this type
of questions.

The safest route would be to use PL/pgSQL procedure which
iterates the array elements.  It should be quite simple.
Play with this.

  Regards,
    Dawid