Обсуждение: pgAdmin crashes

pgAdmin crashes

От
Bobby Gontarski
Дата:
I am experiencing pgAdmin (windows xp) crash whenever I try to connect to the postgresql server (type password and hit
enter).It started after installing the new 8.2 version it didn't do it with the earlier versions. What do I have wrong?
Thanks

Re: pgAdmin crashes

От
"Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)"
Дата:
Hi Bobby,

I'd ask on the pgadmin-support list - PgAdmin's developers live there
more-so than here.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

Re: pgAdmin crashes

От
Iannsp
Дата:
Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) escreveu:
> Hi Bobby,
>
> I'd ask on the pgadmin-support list - PgAdmin's developers live there
> more-so than here.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy
>

> Bobby Gontarski wrote:
>> I am experiencing pgAdmin (windows xp) crash whenever I try to
>> connect to the postgresql server (type password and hit enter). It
>> started after installing the new 8.2 version it didn't do it with the
>> earlier versions. What do I have wrong?
>> Thanks

>> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>>
>> !DSPAM:37,45913b9f31942113013226!

Hi, to add more one preocupattion with pgadmin, i am experiencing crashs
when I use to create SProc with the wizard.

--
Ivo Nascimento
Iann tech - Desenvolvendo soluções com performance e segurança

Re: pgAdmin crashes

От
"Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists)"
Дата:
As with Bobby, I advise you to post on pgadmin-support.  This list is
for support with the server administration.

You might also want to provide pgadmin-support with details such as your
server version, client version, PgAdmin version, platform, steps to
reproduce the problem etc.
It'll give them more to go on and they'll be more likely to answer you.

Thanks,

Andy.

Iannsp wrote:
> Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) escreveu:
>> Hi Bobby,
>>
>> I'd ask on the pgadmin-support list - PgAdmin's developers live there
>> more-so than here.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Andy
>>

>> Bobby Gontarski wrote:
>>> I am experiencing pgAdmin (windows xp) crash whenever I try to
>>> connect to the postgresql server (type password and hit enter). It
>>> started after installing the new 8.2 version it didn't do it with
>>> the earlier versions. What do I have wrong?
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> ---------------------------(end of
>>> broadcast)---------------------------
>>> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster
>>>

> Hi, to add more one preocupattion with pgadmin, i am experiencing
> crashs when I use to create SProc with the wizard.

--
Andy Shellam
NetServe Support Team

the Mail Network
"an alternative in a standardised world"

p: +44 (0) 121 288 0832/0839
m: +44 (0) 7818 000834

About Monitoring Software

От
Iannsp
Дата:
Hi,
I did like to know with some one here use some think like nagios to
monitoring postgresql.
I said this because I'm work in one software to make this and I never
find onde tool to monitoring postgresql with adminsitractive data like
actual run proccess and the query's, number of connections, user logged,
more commom values listed by field in the table,Use of disk, index and
another things.
Some one people know one tool to monitoring this informations using web
browser and have permission to change some one datas in the
postgresql.conf, pg_hba.conf ?

Thank you.

--
Ivo Nascimento
Iann tech - Desenvolvendo soluções com performance e segurança
http://www.ianntech.com.br

Re: About Monitoring Software

От
"Rajesh Kumar Mallah"

On 12/27/06, Iannsp <iannsp@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I did like to know with some one here use some think like nagios to
monitoring postgresql.

Dear  Iannsp,

Nagios is a general purpose monitoring and alerting tool. Any service can have only
three states NORMAL , WARNING and CRITICAL, there are plugins(program)
both inbuilt or custom made that can probe for a  parameter and update
nagios database. Threshold for warning and critical states are defined for
each service monitored.

We use nagios for monitoring port 5432. It is also possible to make nagios
run "SELECT 1;"  so that you really know that database is answering
queries.

I said this because I'm work in one software to make this and I never
find onde tool to monitoring postgresql with adminsitractive data like
actual run proccess and the query's

Possible.

, number of connections,

Possible

user logged,
more commom values listed by field in the table,Use of disk, index and
another things.

Diskspace monitoring

Some one people know one tool to monitoring this informations using web
browser and have permission to change some one datas in the
postgresql.conf, pg_hba.conf ?

Nagios is not suitable for above, its monitoring and alerting tool mainly.
You may consider writing custom software using rrdtools for archiving
historical data.

Regds
mallah.
Thank you.

--
Ivo Nascimento
Iann tech - Desenvolvendo soluções com performance e segurança
http://www.ianntech.com.br

Re: About Monitoring Software

От
"Shoaib Mir"