Обсуждение: Drop All Index

Drop All Index

От
"Marcelo Costa"
Дата:
Hi to all,

Anybody can help me how to proced to delete all index from my database, exists any command to this ?

Marcelo Costa

Re: Drop All Index

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Marcelo Costa wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Anybody can help me how to proced to delete all index from my database,
> exists any command to this ?

Sure, you can create a PL/pgSQL function that loops around a "select
relname from pg_class where relkind='i' AND ..." and then issues DROP
INDEX for each (or you can do it in shell).  Be careful to include a
clause to select only indexes that are not in system catalogs!

Re: Drop All Index

От
"Peter Childs"
Дата:
On 27/11/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Marcelo Costa wrote:
> > Hi to all,
> >
> > Anybody can help me how to proced to delete all index from my database,
> > exists any command to this ?
>
> Sure, you can create a PL/pgSQL function that loops around a "select
> relname from pg_class where relkind='i' AND ..." and then issues DROP
> INDEX for each (or you can do it in shell).  Be careful to include a
> clause to select only indexes that are not in system catalogs!
>
> --

Why do you want to?

If you are going to do that you'll have problems with Primary Keys
because you can't drop primary key indexes with drop index so you'll
get quite a few error messages. If you want to remove them you need
"alter table x drop constraint y;"

Peter.

Re: Drop All Index

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
> >Marcelo Costa wrote:
> >> Hi to all,
> >>
> >> Anybody can help me how to proced to delete all index from my database,
> >> exists any command to this ?

BTW if you speak spanish you may find yourself more comfortable on the
pgsql-es-ayuda list.

(This is addressed to Marcelo, somewhere the "From/Cc" list was trimmed
so I don't have his address here.  Please don't do that.)

Re: Drop All Index

От
"Marcelo Costa"
Дата:
Hi, Alvaro, thanks, I make a function to do this.

[],s

Marcelo.

2006/11/27, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>:
Marcelo Costa wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Anybody can help me how to proced to delete all index from my database,
> exists any command to this ?

Sure, you can create a PL/pgSQL function that loops around a "select
relname from pg_class where relkind='i' AND ..." and then issues DROP
INDEX for each (or you can do it in shell).  Be careful to include a
clause to select only indexes that are not in system catalogs!

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

Marcelo Costa