Обсуждение: Instructions For Building On Windows?

Instructions For Building On Windows?

От
"Jeanna Geier"
Дата:
Hi All-

Newbie question that hopefully someone will be able to quickly help me with:
I'm looking for instructions for building Postgres on Windows using Visual
C++ (I'm using 2005 Express Edition).  Is there anything available out there
or can anyone provide me with some instructions?  The install instructions
provided with the source are for Unix and when searching the mailing list or
googling this, I'm not really coming up with anything.

Thanks much!
-Jeanna

Re: Instructions For Building On Windows?

От
"Jeanna Geier"
Дата:
I should also tell you that I'm wanting to build version 8.1.4 of Postgres.

Thanks for your help!!
-Jeanna

> Newbie question that hopefully someone will be able to quickly help me
> with: I'm looking for instructions for building Postgres on Windows using
> Visual C++ (I'm using 2005 Express Edition).  Is there anything available
> out there or can anyone provide me with some instructions?  The install
> instructions provided with the source are for Unix and when searching the
> mailing list or googling this, I'm not really coming up with anything.
>
> Thanks much!
> -Jeanna

Re: Instructions For Building On Windows?

От
"Jeanna Geier"
Дата:
Hello Again-

I'm sorry to post this again; I was hoping someone would have responded to
my initial post over the weekend, but no such luck.

I am looking for instructions for building Postgres on Windows using Visual
C++ (I'm using 2005 Express Edition).

If someone could please help me, I would be very grateful!!

Thanks in advance!
-Jeanna

>I should also tell you that I'm wanting to build version 8.1.4 of Postgres.
>
> Thanks for your help!!
> -Jeanna

"Shoaib Mir"
Дата:
Please use MINGW for that purpose, haven't tried Visual Studio but MINGW does work on Windows without a problem.

Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com )

I'm sorry to post this again; I was hoping someone would have responded to
my initial post over the weekend, but no such luck.

I am looking for instructions for building Postgres on Windows using Visual
C++ (I'm using 2005 Express Edition).

If someone could please help me, I would be very grateful!!

Thanks in advance!
-Jeanna

>I should also tell you that I'm wanting to build version 8.1.4 of Postgres.
>
> Thanks for your help!!
> -Jeanna

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: Instructions For Building On Windows?

От
"Magnus Hagander"
Дата:
Building with VC++ is not supported in version 8.1, you need to use
MingW. See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_MINGW.html.

//Magnus

Дата:
Thanks for the information.  I am now running into some compiling issues --
Please Help!!

I downloaded both MinGW and Msys onto my Windows system (running XP).  I
also downloaded and compiled OpenSSL source since I want to build Postgres
with OpenSSL enabled.

I've read the FAQ link below:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_MINGW.html and read the INSTALL
information.

When I run
'./configure --with-openssl --without-zlib --with-includes=c/mingw/include --with-libraries=c/mingw/lib',
I am getting an error that it cannot find the header file <openssl/ssl.h>,
even though it is located in C:\mingw\include\openssl\ssl.h.  And two
warnings saying that the Include directory and Library directory do not
exist -- even though they do!:

$
./configure --with-openssl --without-zlib --with-includes=c/mingw/include --with-libraries=c/mingw/lib
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking which template to use... win32
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.exe
checking for suffix of executables... .exe
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking if gcc supports -Wdeclaration-after-statement... no
checking if gcc supports -Wendif-labels... no
checking if gcc supports -fno-strict-aliasing... yes
configure: using
CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -fno-strict-aliasing
checking whether the C compiler still works... yes
configure: WARNING: *** Include directory c/mingw/include does not exist.
configure: WARNING: *** Library directory c/mingw/lib does not exist.
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL

Thanks for your time and help!
-Jeanna