Обсуждение: Client Connection - PGAdmin

Client Connection - PGAdmin

От
"German Raul Hoyos Parravicino"
Дата:
Hello Everydoy.. I need help....

I have installed PostgreSQL in my LinuX -SUSE "postgresql-8.1.3.tar.gz"

I start Postgre using "pg_ctl start -D/usr/local/database " After that I can connect PostgreSQL using psql DataBase.

>psql DataBase

==>

The problem occur when I tried to connect to the DataBase using Pg-Admin III . I have proved using "telnet IP 5432" and I get Connectio refused... I don't know what is wrong ?? I also modified the file pg_hba.conf , I write the IP of my PC, but nothing happend..

Is it possible that there is another process in PostgreSQL that I have to start

Thanks for your help !!!

--
Raul Hoyos Parravicino

Re: Client Connection - PGAdmin

От
"Jason Minion"
Дата:
You'll want to make sure that after you modified the pg_hba.conf you
reloaded PostgreSQL (either through pg_ctl reload, SIGHUP or by
restarting the service entirely), plus there is a setting in the
postgresql.conf file named 'listen_addresses' that must be uncommented
and set appropriately for tcp/ip access to work.

Read the header on the postgresql.conf file, it will explain a little
bit about what to do when changing contents of that file, and note that
modifying the 'listen_addresses' configuration option will require a
full restart of the service. You'll also want to make sure to read and
understand the relevant sections in the manual:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/client-authentication.htm

Good luck!

Jason Minion

________________________________

I have installed PostgreSQL in my LinuX -SUSE "postgresql-8.1.3.tar.gz"

I start Postgre using "pg_ctl start -D/usr/local/database " After that I
can connect PostgreSQL using psql DataBase.

>psql DataBase

==>

The problem occur when I tried to connect to the DataBase using Pg-Admin
III . I have proved using "telnet IP 5432" and I get Connectio
refused... I don't know what is wrong ?? I also modified the file
pg_hba.conf , I write the IP of my PC, but nothing happend..

Is it possible that there is another process in PostgreSQL that I have
to start

Thanks for your help !!!

--
Raul Hoyos Parravicino

Re: Client Connection - PGAdmin

От
Tom Arthurs
Дата:
Did you change this in your postgresql.conf:

listen_addresses = '*'

it defaults only to localhost

German Raul Hoyos Parravicino wrote:
> Hello Everydoy.. I need help....
>
> I have installed PostgreSQL in my LinuX -SUSE "postgresql-8.1.3.tar.gz"
>
> I start Postgre using "pg_ctl start -D/usr/local/database " After that
> I can connect PostgreSQL using psql DataBase.
>
> >psql DataBase
>
> ==>
>
> The problem occur when I tried to connect to the DataBase using
> Pg-Admin III . I have proved using "telnet IP 5432" and I get
> Connectio refused... I don't know what is wrong ?? I also modified the
> file pg_hba.conf , I write the IP of my PC, but nothing happend..
>
> Is it possible that there is another process in PostgreSQL that I have
> to start
>
> Thanks for your help !!!
>
> --
> Raul Hoyos Parravicino

Re: Client Connection - PGAdmin

Дата:
Tom Arthurs <tarthurs@jobflash.com> writes:
> Did you change this in your postgresql.conf:
> listen_addresses = '*'
> it defaults only to localhost

Also, you might need to change kernel packet filtering rules to allow
traffic to port 5432 to get through the firewall.  "Connection refused"
indicates either that the postmaster is not listening on port 5432
(see above) or the kernel is bouncing the packet before it gets there.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Client Connection - PGAdmin

От
"German Raul Hoyos Parravicino"
Дата:
Thanks you very much Tom...That was the key...

--
Saludos,
Raul Hoyos Parravicino