Re: Client Connection - PGAdmin

От Jason Minion
Тема Re: Client Connection - PGAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You'll want to make sure that after you modified the pg_hba.conf you
reloaded PostgreSQL (either through pg_ctl reload, SIGHUP or by
restarting the service entirely), plus there is a setting in the
postgresql.conf file named 'listen_addresses' that must be uncommented
and set appropriately for tcp/ip access to work.

Read the header on the postgresql.conf file, it will explain a little
bit about what to do when changing contents of that file, and note that
modifying the 'listen_addresses' configuration option will require a
full restart of the service. You'll also want to make sure to read and
understand the relevant sections in the manual:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/client-authentication.htm

Good luck!

Jason Minion

________________________________

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of German Raul Hoyos
Parravicino
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:24 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Client Connection - PGAdmin

Hello Everydoy.. I need help....

I have installed PostgreSQL in my LinuX -SUSE "postgresql-8.1.3.tar.gz"

I start Postgre using "pg_ctl start -D/usr/local/database " After that I
can connect PostgreSQL using psql DataBase.

>psql DataBase

==>

The problem occur when I tried to connect to the DataBase using Pg-Admin
III . I have proved using "telnet IP 5432" and I get Connectio
refused... I don't know what is wrong ?? I also modified the file
pg_hba.conf , I write the IP of my PC, but nothing happend..

Is it possible that there is another process in PostgreSQL that I have
to start

Thanks for your help !!!

--
Raul Hoyos Parravicino