Обсуждение: installation problem

installation problem

От
Sean G
Дата:
Hello,

our company has created a windows software that needs
to be packaged with psql installation msi file.

We need to do quiet windows installation based on a
config file witouth user interacation for the database
part. In other words I need to be able to install the
db server withouth user having to interact with the
windows installer.

Is there anyway that we could provide configuration
file and use the quiet mode of msiexe to do the
installation in the silent mode? I didn't find
anything for that in the help files and documentaion
provided with the package. I really need this to work
and any help/tip/example is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sean

Re: installation problem

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
Sean,

See the documentation here:

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html

--
Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
Frost Consulting, LLC     http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/

Re: installation problem

От
Sean G
Дата:
Hi again,

Jeff, thanks for the tip. there I had another problem,
when I run the command for the silent install I get
some error:

the command is:

C:\psql>msiexec /i postgresql-8.0-int.msi  /qr
INTERNALLAUNCH=1 ADDLOCAL=server,psql,docs
SERVICEACCOUNT=pgres SERVICEDOMAIN=%COMPUTERNAME%
SERVICPASSWORD=root SUPERPASSWORD=root
BASEDIR=c:\postgres

Getting this error

Failed to create process for initdb: Logon Failure:
Unknown user name or bad password.

is there something wrong I'm doing?

Regards,
Sean

--- Jeff Frost <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com> wrote:

> Sean,
>
> See the documentation here:

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/silent.html

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Sean G wrote:
>
> > Is there anyway that we could provide
> configuration
> > file and use the quiet mode of msiexe to do the
> > installation in the silent mode? I didn't find
> > anything for that in the help files and
> documentaion
> > provided with the package. I really need this to
> work
> > and any help/tip/example is greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Jeff Frost, Owner     <jeff@frostconsultingllc.com>
> Frost Consulting, LLC
> http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/
> Phone: 650-780-7908    FAX: 650-649-1954

> cleanly

Re: installation problem

От
Jeff Frost
Дата:
It looks like you have SERVICEPASSWORD misspelled.

I haven't actually tried this method as I do mostly linux/solaris postgres
administration, so hopefully someone else who deals with the windows installer
will chime in.