Обсуждение: backup software for postgresql

backup software for postgresql

От
"Robert Ngo"

Which backup software out there work well with postgresql, I cannot find one with backup agent for postgres.

I am looking for a backup solution that will backup the postgres database from a fiber channel san to a fiber channel tape library, any one here have experience with similar setup?

Re: backup software for postgresql

От
"Uwe C. Schroeder"
Дата:
I'm going the easy route with that one.
I do a full dump every night - which goes to tape (using any type of tape
backup software) and is mirrored to another machine using rdist. For
continuous backup I use Slony to replicate the master database to two
off-site backup servers. That way there are 3 live copies and one daily copy
at any given time - although I never needed a backup (knock on wood).

UC

--
Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    2570 Fleetwood Drive
Phone:  +1 650 872 2425        San Bruno, CA 94066

Re: backup software for postgresql

От
Hervé Piedvache
Дата:
Hi,

Arkeia do this ... but the PostregSQL agent is not free.

regards,

Le Dimanche 2 Octobre 2005 14:06, Robert Ngo a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> Which backup software out there work well with postgresql, I cannot find
> one with backup agent for postgres.
>

> I am looking for a backup solution that will backup the postgres database
> from a fiber channel san to a fiber channel tape library, any one here have
> experience with similar setup?

--
Hervé Piedvache

Re: backup software for postgresql

От
lst_hoe01@kwsoft.de
Дата:
Zitat von Robert Ngo <robertngo@perridot.com>:

> Hi,
>

> Which backup software out there work well with postgresql, I cannot find one
> with backup agent for postgres.
>

> I am looking for a backup solution that will backup the postgres database
> from a fiber channel san to a fiber channel tape library, any one here have
> experience with similar setup?

There are a number of products which can do this :

http://www.bakbone.com/products/backup_and_restore/
http://www.sep.de/sesam/overview_us.php

and maybe many others.

Regards

Andreas

Re: backup software for postgresql

От
Chris Browne
Дата:
robertngo@perridot.com ("Robert Ngo") writes:
> Which backup software out there work well with postgresql, I cannot
> find one with backup agent for postgres.:p>

You don't need one.

You can simply schedule a job that runs "pg_dump" every so often
(daily is common) to save data to a file.  Most competent backup
systems can backup data in files, so can pull the pg_dump output...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="ntlug.org" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/backup.html

Re: backup software for postgresql

От
apogoreliy
Дата:
Robert Ngo wrote
> Hi,
>

> Which backup software out there work well with postgresql, I cannot find
> one
> with backup agent for postgres.
>

> I am looking for a backup solution that will backup the postgres database
> from a fiber channel san to a fiber channel tape library, any one here
> have
> experience with similar setup?

I would like to recommend this tool to backup postgresql database scheduled
- PostgreSQL Backup http://postgresql-backup.com/ PostgreSQL Backup runs on
Windows machine and backups remote PostgreSQL databases via TCP/IP
connection.

Re: backup software for postgresql

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
On Jun 22, 2015, at 3:44 AM, apogoreliy <apogoreliy@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to recommend this tool to backup postgresql database scheduled
> - PostgreSQL Backup http://postgresql-backup.com/ PostgreSQL Backup runs on
> Windows machine and backups remote PostgreSQL databases via TCP/IP
> connection.

And it uses pg_dump, thus not solving OP's problem with pg_dump failing.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com