Обсуждение: Need help in data migration

Need help in data migration

От
Gourish Singbal
Дата:
I need help to transfer data  from postgreql to oracle database on
regular basis.

The original productin application runs on oracle.
We need this setup temporarily for certain time period till we are
confortable that our application can survive on postgresql.

Please help if somebody has worked on such projects.

I tried taking pg_dump as follows from postgresql 7.4.5

pg_dump -t tablename_test -a -D -O rpt_production > tablename_test.sql

and than ran below on oracle but i got many errors.
One reason i can think of is becase i have column names like
 "version", "type", in the insert command?.

SQL>@$HOME/tablename_test.sql

Am i misssing any thing
please help
Awaiting reply
--
Best,
Gourish Singbal

Re: Need help in data migration

От
"David A. Leedom"
Дата:
Gourish

I have worked on a similar project

If you are interested give me a call or we can go back and forth here.

Enthusiastically,

Dave Leedom

I need help to transfer data  from postgreql to oracle database on
regular basis.

The original productin application runs on oracle.
We need this setup temporarily for certain time period till we are
confortable that our application can survive on postgresql.

Please help if somebody has worked on such projects.

I tried taking pg_dump as follows from postgresql 7.4.5

pg_dump -t tablename_test -a -D -O rpt_production > tablename_test.sql

and than ran below on oracle but i got many errors.
One reason i can think of is becase i have column names like
 "version", "type", in the insert command?.

SQL>@$HOME/tablename_test.sql

Am i misssing any thing
please help
Awaiting reply
--
Best,
Gourish Singbal

The Hightower Group, Inc.
Custom Software Solutions Designed To Fit Your Business Like A Glove.
165 West Airport Road, Suite B/Lititz, PA 17543
V:717-560-4002, 877-560-4002 x: 114
F:717-560-2825
www.hightowergroup.com

Re: Need help in data migration

От
"Michael Long"
Дата:
> If you are interested give me a call or we can go back and forth here.

Please do it here as I may have a similar situation with SQL Server soon and would
like to learn from your experience.

Thanks,
mike

Re: Need help in data migration

От
"Joel Fradkin"
Дата:
I wrote a program to move my data it is a .net app.
If you are interested let me know and I can email It to you off list.
It does some conversions specific to my scenario but you could comment that
out (like making all my isdeleted fields Boolean (I had a mixture of stuff).

Takes 6 hours to move over a 4 gig MSSQL data base.
Does do txt fields.

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
 This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.

               http://archives.postgresql.org