Re: Need help in data migration

От David A. Leedom
Тема Re: Need help in data migration
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gourish

I have worked on a similar project

If you are interested give me a call or we can go back and forth here.

Enthusiastically,

Dave Leedom

At 08:22 AM 5/5/2005, Gourish Singbal wrote:
I need help to transfer data  from postgreql to oracle database on
regular basis.

The original productin application runs on oracle.
We need this setup temporarily for certain time period till we are
confortable that our application can survive on postgresql.

Please help if somebody has worked on such projects.

I tried taking pg_dump as follows from postgresql 7.4.5

pg_dump -t tablename_test -a -D -O rpt_production > tablename_test.sql

and than ran below on oracle but i got many errors.
One reason i can think of is becase i have column names like
 "version", "type", in the insert command?.

SQL>@$HOME/tablename_test.sql

Am i misssing any thing
please help
Awaiting reply
--
Best,
Gourish Singbal

The Hightower Group, Inc.
Custom Software Solutions Designed To Fit Your Business Like A Glove.
165 West Airport Road, Suite B/Lititz, PA 17543
V:717-560-4002, 877-560-4002 x: 114
F:717-560-2825
www.hightowergroup.com