Обсуждение: Problem Postgres importation of sql file

Problem Postgres importation of sql file

От
"Kelly Kane"
Дата:
Hi,

Please, I would like to know if there's any software which let create tables
(for database) and export them into a sript which can be used by postgres to
import the database created ?

I'm using PgAdminIII for postgres and the software I used to create tables
is called "DB Designer" but the sql file generated doesn't work with
postgres if I try to import from this file, it makes errors (for example
unsigned, or auto-incrément don't exist in Postrgeres compared to mysql).

Please if you know how to do, explain to me.
Thank you very much

MSN Messenger : vidéoconférence gratuite http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866

Re: Problem Postgres importation of sql file

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 13:06:15 +0000,
  Kelly Kane <kellykann_1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using PgAdminIII for postgres and the software I used to create tables
> is called "DB Designer" but the sql file generated doesn't work with
> postgres if I try to import from this file, it makes errors (for example
> unsigned, or auto-incrément don't exist in Postrgeres compared to mysql).

If you like the tool you are using, then postprocessing the generated script
might be a good solution for you.

It shouldn't be too hard to write a script in perl (or some other scripting
language) that substitutes keywords that are roughly equivalent in postgres
for the ones that don't work.