Обсуждение: Trying to use initlocation

Trying to use initlocation

От
lista@ernstson.nu

I have problem using initlocation on my debian-server

I have a debian server and a postgresql 7.4 on it. When I try to set up a new
alternative location on it, I got some problem first

I do not know if I have made right when added the variables

PGDATA2=/images-data
in the file /etc/init.d/postgresql
export PGDATA2

(also tryed setting the variables in /etc/postgresql/postgresql.env)

And after that I have tryed to run initlocation PGDATA2 i get the error
Command not found.

Re: Trying to use initlocation

От
Jonathan Daugherty
Дата:
# And after that I have tryed to run initlocation PGDATA2 i get the
# error Command not found.

It's probably not in your path:

/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  http://www.parsed.org

Re: Trying to use initlocation

От
lista@ernstson.nu
Дата:
Ok, if it's not in my path /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation how do I do
then
to use initlocation?
Must it bee in that path?

(what exactly do initlocation?) sets some parameter in some set-up files?

Citerar Jonathan Daugherty <cygnus@cprogrammer.org>:

> # And after that I have tryed to run initlocation PGDATA2 i get the
> # error Command not found.
>
> It's probably not in your path:
>
> /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation
>
> --
>   Jonathan Daugherty
>   http://www.parsed.org

Re: Trying to use initlocation

От
lista@ernstson.nu
Дата:
Ok I now I understand what you say, I have set /usr/lib/postgresql/bin to my
path but it does not help? some other suggestion.

I assume that I have done error in seting the data PGDATA2=/database_image  or
some thing ?

or have I done some other thing error when i try to say
initlocation PGDATA2

Even if I stands in .../bin/ it wount work.

Citerar lista@ernstson.nu:

> Ok, if it's not in my path /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation how do I do
> then
> to use initlocation?
> Must it bee in that path?
>
> (what exactly do initlocation?) sets some parameter in some set-up files?
>
> Citerar Jonathan Daugherty <cygnus@cprogrammer.org>:
>
> > # And after that I have tryed to run initlocation PGDATA2 i get the
> > # error Command not found.
> >
> > It's probably not in your path:
> >
> > /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation
> >
> > --
> >   Jonathan Daugherty
> >   http://www.parsed.org

> > TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Re: Trying to use initlocation

От
Henric Ernstson
Дата:
Ok, if it's not in my path /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation how do I do then
to use initlocation?
Must it bee in that path?

(what exactly do initlocation?) sets some parameter in some set-up files?

Citerar Jonathan Daugherty <cygnus@cprogrammer.org>:

> # And after that I have tryed to run initlocation PGDATA2 i get the
> # error Command not found.
>
> It's probably not in your path:
>
> /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation
>
> --
>   Jonathan Daugherty
>   http://www.parsed.org

Henric Ernstson
www.ernstson.nu
070-577 95 91

Re: Trying to use initlocation

От
Thomas F.O'Connell
Дата:
For an explanation of the purpose and behavior of initlocation, look
here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/app-initlocation.html

You can call it with an explicit path (e.g.,
/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation), or you can add it to your path.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell
Co-Founder, Information Architect

Strategic Open Source: Open Your i™

http://www.sitening.com/
110 30th Avenue North, Suite 6
Nashville, TN 37203-6320
615-260-0005

On Apr 4, 2005, at 4:47 PM, Henric Ernstson wrote:

> Ok, if it's not in my path /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation how do
> I do then
> to use initlocation?
> Must it bee in that path?
>
> (what exactly do initlocation?) sets some parameter in some set-up
> files?
>

> Citerar Jonathan Daugherty <cygnus@cprogrammer.org>:
>
>> # And after that I have tryed to run initlocation PGDATA2 i get the
>> # error Command not found.
>>
>> It's probably not in your path:
>>
>> /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation
>>
>> --
>>   Jonathan Daugherty
>>   http://www.parsed.org
>>
>> ---------------------------(end of
>> broadcast)---------------------------
>> TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
>>

> Henric Ernstson
> www.ernstson.nu
> 070-577 95 91

Re: Trying to use initlocation

От
lista@ernstson.nu
Дата:
I have set /usr/lib/postgresql/bin as a explixit  path but stil it woun't so, I
have to find out some ting more that I have been doing wrong.