Обсуждение: pulling my hair out..

pulling my hair out..

От
David Bear
Дата:
I'm using pg 7.3 on freebsd..

I've created a database use sql.

now, as the pg superuser I cant seem to grant any permissions on the
tables in the db..

npcenter-# \z
 Access privileges for database "npcenter"
 Schema |    Table     | Access privileges
--------+--------------+-------------------
 public | contactNames |
 public | pga_diagrams |
 public | pga_forms    |
 public | pga_graphs   |
 public | pga_images   |
 public | pga_layout   |
 public | pga_queries  |
 public | pga_reports  |
 public | pga_scripts  |
(9 rows)

npcenter=# grant all on table contactNames to group npcenter;
ERROR:  relation "contactnames" does not exist
npcenter=# grant all on table 'contactNames' to group npcenter;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "'contactNames'" at character 20

I know I'm missing something simple... but would appreciate any help
on this.. clearly, the table 'contactNames' does exist.

I am using psql to do this.

--
David Bear
phone:     480-965-8257

Re: pulling my hair out..

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, David Bear wrote:

> I'm using pg 7.3 on freebsd..
>
> I've created a database use sql.
>
> now, as the pg superuser I cant seem to grant any permissions on the
> tables in the db..
>
> npcenter-# \z
>  Access privileges for database "npcenter"
>  Schema |    Table     | Access privileges
> --------+--------------+-------------------
>  public | contactNames |
>  public | pga_diagrams |
>  public | pga_forms    |
>  public | pga_graphs   |
>  public | pga_images   |
>  public | pga_layout   |
>  public | pga_queries  |
>  public | pga_reports  |
>  public | pga_scripts  |
> (9 rows)
>
> npcenter=# grant all on table contactNames to group npcenter;
> ERROR:  relation "contactnames" does not exist
> npcenter=# grant all on table 'contactNames' to group npcenter;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "'contactNames'" at character 20

I think you want "contactNames" to refer to the table.
Doublequoted identifiers aren't casefolded.

Re: pulling my hair out..

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 05:07:20PM -0700, David Bear wrote:

> npcenter=# grant all on table 'contactNames' to group npcenter;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "'contactNames'" at character 20

Try double quotes:

grant all on table "contactNames" to group npcenter;

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/sql-syntax.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/