Обсуждение: pg_autovacuum is not working

pg_autovacuum is not working

От
Ivan Dimitrov
Дата:
Hi list
This is my first post here, and I've searched google but couldn't find the
solution.

I'm trying to run pg_autovacuum on all my databases. All my Debian sarge
machines use version 7.4.5-3
postgresql                                      install
postgresql-client                               install
postgresql-contrib                              install
postgresql-dev                                  install
postgresql-doc                                  install

postgres.conf options are
stats_start_collector = true
stats_row_level = true

postmaster.conf options are
AUTOVACUUM=yes
AVAC_LOG=/var/log/postgresql/autovacuum_log

pg_hba.conf options are
local   all         postgres                   ident sameuser
local   all         all                               ident sameuser

restart postgresql gives this message in the logs:

autovacuum.log
[2004-10-29 12:41:20 PM] Error: GUC variable stats_row_level must be enabled.
[2004-10-29 12:41:20 PM]        Please fix the problems and try again.

postgres.log
2004-10-29 12:48:58 [29677] LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

What could be the reason for this. I have a test machine with the exact same
options and databases as the production servers and it works find there. But
on ~15 production servers I can't get rid of this message.
I can provide strace of pg_autovacuum, but I didn't find many usefull
information in it.

Please advice
--

Hi! I'm your friendly neighbourhood signature virus.
Copy me to your signature file and help me spread!

Вложения

Re: pg_autovacuum is not working

От
Christian Fowler
Дата:
Hi Ivan,

I had the same experience as you. I swear I did all the things required.
Eventually it started working with enough postmaster restarts and fiddling
with the files. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, cause I was never quite
sure why it finally decided to start working...

Keep fiddling and it should hopefully start up.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Ivan Dimitrov wrote:

> Hi list
> This is my first post here, and I've searched google but couldn't find the
> solution.
>
> I'm trying to run pg_autovacuum on all my databases. All my Debian sarge
> machines use version 7.4.5-3

[ \ /
[ >X<   Christian Fowler      | spider AT viovio.com
[ / \   http://www.viovio.com | http://www.tikipro.org

Re: pg_autovacuum is not working

От
Ivan Dimitrov
Дата:
The problem was in my resolve.conf, the nameserver I've set is my datacenter
provider who have localhost.provider.net point to 127.0.0.1 and postmaster
couldn't bind to that host. For whatever reason. It does not check /etc/hosts
too so I'll play with it on Mondey.

На 29.10.2004 18:20 вие написахте:

--

Hi! I'm your friendly neighbourhood signature virus.
Copy me to your signature file and help me spread!

Вложения

unregister nikhil@fleetship.com

От
"Nikhil Parva"