Обсуждение: set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in psqlrc not having affect

set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in psqlrc not having affect

От
Christian Fowler
Дата:
I have \set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in my .psqlrc and it seems psql seems to not
have any effect. Am I missing something? I've been googling and googling
and seem a bit lost at this point.

[domain@host host]$ cat ~/.psqlrc
\set AUTOCOMMIT OFF
\echo 'AUTOCOMMIT is' :AUTOCOMMIT
\set PROMPT1 'host.%/%R%# '
\timing

*timing statments where trimmed below*

[domain@host host]$ psql

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help on internal slash commands
        \q to quit

AUTOCOMMIT is OFF
Timing is on.
host.domain=# commit;
WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
COMMIT
host.domain=# update foo set foo_type_id = 3 where foo_id=200000234;
UPDATE 1
host.domain=# commit;
WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
COMMIT
host.domain=# update foo set foo_type_id = 3 where foo_id=200000234;
UPDATE 1
host.domain=# rollback;
WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
ROLLBACK
host.domain=# begin;
BEGIN
host.domain=# update foo set foo_type_id = 3 where foo_id=200000234;
UPDATE 1
host.domain=# rollback;
ROLLBACK
host.domain=# begin;
BEGIN
host.domain=# update foo set foo_type_id = 3 where foo_id=200000234;
UPDATE 1
host.domain=# rollback;
ROLLBACK
host.domain=# \q

[ \ /
[ >X<   Christian Fowler      | spider@viovio.com
[ / \   http://www.viovio.com | http://www.tikipro.org

Re: set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in psqlrc not having affect

Дата:
Christian Fowler <spider@viovio.com> writes:
> I have \set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in my .psqlrc and it seems psql seems to not
> have any effect.

I think the value is case-sensitive.  Try
    \set AUTOCOMMIT off

            regards, tom lane

Re: set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in psqlrc not having affect

Дата:
FYI, it is not case-sensitive in current CVS.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Christian Fowler <spider@viovio.com> writes:
> > I have \set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in my .psqlrc and it seems psql seems to not
> > have any effect.
>
> I think the value is case-sensitive.  Try
>     \set AUTOCOMMIT off
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend

Re: set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in psqlrc not having affect

От
Christian Fowler
Дата:
Thanks Tom, it appears that was the issue. Bruce, it would appear it
was at some point? Glad to hear it's now insensitive.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> FYI, it is not case-sensitive in current CVS.
>
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Christian Fowler <spider@viovio.com> writes:
>>> I have \set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in my .psqlrc and it seems psql seems to not
>>> have any effect.
>>
>> I think the value is case-sensitive.  Try
>>     \set AUTOCOMMIT off

[ \ /
[ >X<   Christian Fowler      | spider@viovio.com
[ / \   http://www.viovio.com | http://www.tikipro.org

Re: set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in psqlrc not having affect

Дата:
Christian Fowler wrote:

> Thanks Tom, it appears that was the issue. Bruce, it would appear it
> was at some point? Glad to hear it's now insensitive.

Yes, it was always true until a few days ago. Sorry that wasn't clear.