set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in psqlrc not having affect

От Christian Fowler
Тема set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in psqlrc not having affect
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have \set AUTOCOMMIT OFF in my .psqlrc and it seems psql seems to not
have any effect. Am I missing something? I've been googling and googling
and seem a bit lost at this point.

[domain@host host]$ cat ~/.psqlrc
\set AUTOCOMMIT OFF
\echo 'AUTOCOMMIT is' :AUTOCOMMIT
\set PROMPT1 'host.%/%R%# '
\timing

*timing statments where trimmed below*

[domain@host host]$ psql

        \h for help with SQL commands
        \? for help on internal slash commands
        \q to quit

AUTOCOMMIT is OFF
Timing is on.
host.domain=# commit;
WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
COMMIT
host.domain=# update foo set foo_type_id = 3 where foo_id=200000234;
UPDATE 1
host.domain=# commit;
WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
COMMIT
host.domain=# update foo set foo_type_id = 3 where foo_id=200000234;
UPDATE 1
host.domain=# rollback;
WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
ROLLBACK
host.domain=# begin;
BEGIN
host.domain=# update foo set foo_type_id = 3 where foo_id=200000234;
UPDATE 1
host.domain=# rollback;
ROLLBACK
host.domain=# begin;
BEGIN
host.domain=# update foo set foo_type_id = 3 where foo_id=200000234;
UPDATE 1
host.domain=# rollback;
ROLLBACK
host.domain=# \q