Обсуждение: Connect to postgres from a script using password

Connect to postgres from a script using password

От
Hemapriya
Дата:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to connect to postgres from a
shell script using password. If i use psql -UUser db
-W option it prompts for password everytime..
Is there anyway we can have the password included in
psql login command.?

Thanks
Priya

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Re: Connect to postgres from a script using password

От
Bruno Wolff III
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 09:07:30 -0700,
  Hemapriya <priyam_1121@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to connect to postgres from a
> shell script using password. If i use psql -UUser db
> -W option it prompts for password everytime..
> Is there anyway we can have the password included in
> psql login command.?

You can keep the password in ~/.pgpass or you can use ident authentication.
In at least some versions you can pass it through an environment variable,
but you don't want to do that if there are untrusted users with shell
access to the host, as environment variables are typically visible to other
users.

Re: Connect to postgres from a script using password

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата: