Обсуждение: parameter to control cycle detection

parameter to control cycle detection

От
"Coby Beck"
Дата:
Hi,

I get the following error trying to update a view:

"ERROR: query rewritten 10 times, may contain cycles"

and it doesn't.  There is a function in there legitimately called 10 times
with the same parameters.  10 seems a little low to panic about, is this
configurable?  The rule code is generated programmatically so for now at
least I would like to avoid having to find a general solution for the sake
of an optimization I may not need and it is not an option to hand tweak this
one problem rule.

Can I set this 10 parameter higher somewhere?

TIA.

Coby Beck

---

Re: parameter to control cycle detection

Дата:
"Coby Beck" <coby101@bigpond.com> writes:
> I get the following error trying to update a view:
> "ERROR: query rewritten 10 times, may contain cycles"

Update to something newer.  The default limit is 100 in 7.3, and the
whole thing is gone in favor of *real* loop detection in 7.4 ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: parameter to control cycle detection

От
"Coby Beck"

> "Coby Beck" <coby101@bigpond.com> writes:
> > I get the following error trying to update a view:
> > "ERROR: query rewritten 10 times, may contain cycles"
>
> Update to something newer.  The default limit is 100 in 7.3, and the
> whole thing is gone in favor of *real* loop detection in 7.4 ...

Thanks for the reply, Tom.  Upgrading is on the TODO list for sure.  In the
meantime, is there not a way to change the default?

Coby

---

Re: parameter to control cycle detection

Дата:
"Coby Beck" <dragon.huneault@bigpond.com> writes:
> I get the following error trying to update a view:

> Thanks for the reply, Tom.  Upgrading is on the TODO list for sure.  In the
> meantime, is there not a way to change the default?

Not without recompiling.  IIRC it's a #define in
backend/rewriter/rewriteHandler.c.

            regards, tom lane