Обсуждение: Anti log in PostgreSQL

Anti log in PostgreSQL

От
Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Дата:
Dear all ,

In one of our project I require to calculate antilog of  (3.3234)
But I could not find any functions in Documentation for the same.

In mathematics I would have written it something like

A = antilog (3·3234) = 2144

Any suggestions or  links are most welcome .

Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.

Re: [SQL] Anti log in PostgreSQL

От
Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Дата:
Dear Martin Marques ,

>>In mathematics I would have written it something like
>>
>>A = antilog (3·3234) = 2144
>>

>As I can understand, this is a 10 base log, so that what you want is
>10^(3.3234)?
>
>For that you have the exponential operator ^.

Nope
select exp(3.3234) as a2144
Gives me
27.754555808589792
But the answer expected is
some what near to 2144
The log tables show this

Regards,
Vishal Kashyap.

Re: [SQL] Anti log in PostgreSQL

От
"David F. Skoll"
Дата:
On Sat, 27 Dec 2003, Sai Hertz And Control Systems wrote:

> select exp(3.3234) as a2144
> Gives me
> 27.754555808589792

Right.  That's e^3.3234

Try:

    select 10^3.3234;

or:

    select dpow(10, 3.3234);

or even:

    select exp(3.3234 * ln(10.0));

--
David.

Re: [SQL] Anti log in PostgreSQL

От
Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Дата:
Dear Martin Marques and other kind people out their ,

>>In mathematics I would have written it something like
>>
>>A = antilog (3·3234) = 2144
>>

>As I can understand, this is a 10 base log, so that what you want is
>10^(3.3234)?

Though antilog did not solve my problem the link below helped me to
prove my point to my bankers

http://www.ilovemaths.com/3depreciation.htm
http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.interest.html

Thanks  a load for the kind help forwarded by you all.

Regards,
Vishal Kashyap