Обсуждение: see previous queries

see previous queries

От
Ashok Chauhan

hi
i am a new user in postgresql.
problem:- in postgresql there is any command to see history (previous
day queries) like as history command in linux.
thank you

Re: see previous queries

От
Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Дата:
Dear Ashok,

Hope you are not using
Postgresql 7.4
if this is the case I think  some insert /update statements are waiting
for commit command

Regards,
V Kashyap

>hi
>i am a new user in postgresql.
>problem:- in postgresql there is any command to see history (previous
>day queries) like as history command in linux.
>thank you

>.

Re: see previous queries

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Wed, 4 Dec 2003, Ashok Chauhan wrote:

> i am a new user in postgresql.
> problem:- in postgresql there is any command to see history (previous
> day queries) like as history command in linux.

Not precisely.  For the backend, you can log the statements that are run
by changing the postgresql.conf and use the log.

In psql, you can get something similar to history with \s I believe, but
that's only for your history not the entire server's history.

Re: see previous queries

От
Peter Childs

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Sai Hertz And Control Systems wrote:

> Dear Ashok,
>
> Hope you are not using
> Postgresql 7.4
> if this is the case I think  some insert /update statements are waiting
> for commit command
>
> Regards,
> V Kashyap
>
> >hi
> >i am a new user in postgresql.
> >problem:- in postgresql there is any command to see history (previous
> >day queries) like as history command in linux.
> >thank you

    postgres will log your queries. You need to configure it to do so.
7.4 also logs queries that take a long time. The logs go either to file or
the system message log. depending on how you set it up in postgresql.conf.
    The log can not be used to rebuild your database :(
    psql also has a shell like history function.

Peter Childs

Re: see previous queries

От
"Andrei Bintintan"
Дата:
Look in postgresql.conf  file:

#
# Message display
#
server_min_messages = info # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
    #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
    #   info, notice, warning, error, log, fatal,
    #   panic
client_min_messages = info   # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
    #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2, debug1,
    #   log, info, notice, warning, error
#silent_mode = false

log_connections = true
#log_pid = false
log_statement = true
log_duration = true
log_timestamp = true

These are the main log settings. After you modify this data's reload the
configuration files. (pg_ctl ... reload).

Best r.
Andy.

> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Sai Hertz And Control Systems wrote:
>

> > Dear Ashok,
> >
> > Hope you are not using
> > Postgresql 7.4
> > if this is the case I think  some insert /update statements are waiting
> > for commit command
> >
> > Regards,
> > V Kashyap
> >
> > >hi
> > >i am a new user in postgresql.
> > >problem:- in postgresql there is any command to see history (previous
> > >day queries) like as history command in linux.
> > >thank you
> > >

> postgres will log your queries. You need to configure it to do so.
> 7.4 also logs queries that take a long time. The logs go either to file or
> the system message log. depending on how you set it up in postgresql.conf.
> The log can not be used to rebuild your database :(
> psql also has a shell like history function.
>
> Peter Childs

Re: see previous queries

От
Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Дата:
Dear Ashok ,

>hi
>i am a new user in postgresql.

If you are from Kalculate team which
developed first Financial software in India with QT and  PostgreSQL as
back end then
for me this is a prank that a member of Kalculate team  addresses
himself to be  new to PostgreSQL.

Chauhan saab give us some of your knowledge and please do not address
yourself as NEW TO PostgreSQL.

Regards,
V Kashyap

Re: see previous queries

От
"Glenn Wiorek"
> problem:- in postgresql there is any command to see history (previous
> day queries) like as history command in linux.

In addition to server and client logging levels adjusted via the
postgresql.config  file,  psql also has a
command history like bash that  is preserved between sessions.  The command
history of psql
can be adjusted by setting variables in the ~/.psqlrc config file.  See the
PostgresSQL
reference document for more info on psql.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-psql.html

Some examples below:

HISTCONTROL
If this variable is set to ignorespace, lines which begin with a space are
not entered into the history

list. If set to a value of ignoredups, lines matching the previous history
line are not entered. A value

of ignoreboth combines the two options. If unset, or if set to any other
value than those above, all

lines read in interactive mode are saved on the history list.

Note: This feature was shamelessly plagiarized from bash.

HISTSIZE

The number of commands to store in the command history. The default value is
500.

Note: This feature was shamelessly plagiarized from bash.

> problem:- in postgresql there is any command to see history (previous
> day queries) like as history command in linux.
> thank you

Re: see previous queries

От
"Andrei Bintintan"