Обсуждение: Access with a management tool

Access with a management tool

От
"Per Münster"
Дата:
I have got a tool for managing  the postgres from postgres. When trying to
register server and/or database I get the message, that I should check if
the server is listening on 5432. Well, I do not really know. I know only
that I've got access from a linux shell, but I am trying to operate from a
windows client.

Who can help?

Per

Re: Access with a management tool

От
"Per Münster"
Дата:
I could add the question: where must the postgresql.conf file be located. I
only have it under a var/lib-folder

Regards

Per
"Per M�nster" <nospam@nowhere.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> I have got a tool for managing  the postgres from postgres. When trying to
> register server and/or database I get the message, that I should check if
> the server is listening on 5432. Well, I do not really know. I know only
> that I've got access from a linux shell, but I am trying to operate from a
> windows client.
>
> Who can help?
>
> Per

Re: Access with a management tool

От
"Per Münster"
Дата:
I found out that I have got 3 conf-files all located in the /var/lib/pgsql
library, which to my eyes seem to be the right. The postgresql.conf has the
port 5432 mentionend and the service is running all right. But I can not
connect.

/Per
"Per M�nster" <nospam@nowhere.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> I have got a tool for managing  the postgres from postgres. When trying to
> register server and/or database I get the message, that I should check if
> the server is listening on 5432. Well, I do not really know. I know only
> that I've got access from a linux shell, but I am trying to operate from a
> windows client.
>
> Who can help?
>
> Per

Re: Access with a management tool

От
"Oliver Scheit"
Дата:
edit your pg_hba.conf

regards,
Oli

I have got a tool for managing  the postgres from postgres. When trying to
register server and/or database I get the message, that I should check if
the server is listening on 5432. Well, I do not really know. I know only
that I've got access from a linux shell, but I am trying to operate from a
windows client.

Who can help?

Per

Re: Access with a management tool

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
if it's a pg_hba issue, he should get a FATAL "authentication
failed"-ish message. I'd check for tcpip_socket=true in postgresql.conf
first.

Robert Treat

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:00, Oliver Scheit wrote:
> edit your pg_hba.conf
>
> regards,
> Oli

Дата:
Thanks,

I came one step further. Not I get the FATAL, saying that I do not have an
entry in pg_hba.conf for my user and computer.

I gues that I will have to put in a line like:

host      all         192.168.1.39     255.255.255.255   trust at the end of
the file - am I right?

Regards

Per
"Robert Treat" <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> if it's a pg_hba issue, he should get a FATAL "authentication
> failed"-ish message. I'd check for tcpip_socket=true in postgresql.conf
> first.
>
> Robert Treat
>
> On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:00, Oliver Scheit wrote:
> > edit your pg_hba.conf
> >
> > regards,
> > Oli
> >
> > -----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----

Дата:
Thanks.

My assumptions seem to have been right. I am connected now. It seems a bit
more open than working directly on the shell-line. The interesting question
is how will I be able to access the databases.

I do have a developers handbook on my desk, but it is a giant of a book.