Обсуждение: Zope and ZPsycopgDA almost working...

Zope and ZPsycopgDA almost working...

От
"Tamir Halperin"
Дата:
I just figured out how to install ZPsycopgDA into zope on Windows. I configured it with all the connection string
propertiesand attempted to add it to my zope folder. Here's what I got:

psycopg.OperationalError
could not connect to server: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
 (0x0000274D)
    Is the server running on host 192.168.1.102 and accepting
    TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I'm running pgsql 7.3.2 (with openssl installed but not specifically configured in any way since the installation) on
FreeBSD4.6. On another box I'm running Zope 2.5 on Win2K pro.

I'm not sure how to confirm that the answer to the above question is "yes". If it is found to be "no" I don't know how
tochange it. This is why I'm not sure which mail list to send this to so I'm sending it to both. Thanks so much in
advancefor you help.

Tamir

Re: Zope and ZPsycopgDA almost working...

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
Sounds like your database might not be accepting outside connections.
Check your postgresql.conf file and make sure tcpip_socket = true
You might also need to configure your pg_hba.conf to allow connections
from your windows box.

Robert Treat

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 01:20, Tamir Halperin wrote:
> I just figured out how to install ZPsycopgDA into zope on Windows. I configured it with all the connection string
propertiesand attempted to add it to my zope folder. Here's what I got:

> psycopg.OperationalError
> could not connect to server: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
>  (0x0000274D)
>     Is the server running on host 192.168.1.102 and accepting
>     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> I'm running pgsql 7.3.2 (with openssl installed but not specifically configured in any way since the installation) on
FreeBSD4.6. On another box I'm running Zope 2.5 on Win2K pro.

> I'm not sure how to confirm that the answer to the above question is "yes". If it is found to be "no" I don't know
howto change it. This is why I'm not sure which mail list to send this to so I'm sending it to both. Thanks so much in
advancefor you help.

> Tamir

Re: Zope and ZPsycopgDA almost working...

От
"Tamir Halperin"
Дата:
Hi Robert. Thanks for the feedback. My comments and questions below...

I agree. Psycopg seems to be saying exactly that from what appears to be a healthy Zope environment.

> Check your postgresql.conf file and make sure tcpip_socket = true

I have a /usr/local/share/postgresql/postgresql.conf.sample file but I don't see a postgresql.conf file anywhere in the
system.

I've confirmed that the sample file is reflecting the default setting of false.

How do I go about overriding the tcpip_socket = false setting for this specific pgsql service?

> You might also need to configure your pg_hba.conf to allow connections
> from your windows box.

Likewise, I don't see a pg_hba.conf file in my system.

My pg_hba.conf.sample file seems to show a tabular view of permissions of some kind at the bottom:

Type    database    user    ip-address    ip-mask        method
local    all        all                        trust
host    all        all    127.0.0.1    255.255.255.255    trust

Which modifications, if any, are needed to this table.

How do I put them into effect seeing as how this is the sample file we're talking about.

> Robert Treat
>
> On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 01:20, Tamir Halperin wrote:
> > I just figured out how to install ZPsycopgDA into zope on
> Windows. I configured it with all the connection string
> properties and attempted to add it to my zope folder. Here's
> what I got:
> >
> > psycopg.OperationalError
> > could not connect to server: No connection could be made
> because the target machine actively refused it.
> >  (0x0000274D)
> >     Is the server running on host 192.168.1.102 and accepting
> >     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
> >
> > I'm running pgsql 7.3.2 (with openssl installed but not
> specifically configured in any way since the installation) on
> FreeBSD 4.6. On another box I'm running Zope 2.5 on Win2K pro.
> >
> > I'm not sure how to confirm that the answer to the above
> question is "yes". If it is found to be "no" I don't know how
> to change it. This is why I'm not sure which mail list to
> send this to so I'm sending it to both. Thanks so much in
> advance for you help.
> >
> > Tamir

Re: [Zope-DB] Zope and ZPsycopgDA almost working...

От
Charlie Clark
Дата:
On 2003-03-25 at 07:20:14 [+0100], Tamir Halperin wrote:
> psycopg.OperationalError
> could not connect to server: No connection could be made because the
> target machine actively refused it.
>  (0x0000274D)
>     Is the server running on host 192.168.1.102 and accepting TCP/IP
>     connections on port 5432?
>
> I'm running pgsql 7.3.2 (with openssl installed but not specifically
> configured in any way since the installation) on FreeBSD 4.6. On another
> box I'm running Zope 2.5 on Win2K pro.
>
> I'm not sure how to confirm that the answer to the above question is
> "yes". If it is found to be "no" I don't know how to change it. This is
> why I'm not sure which mail list to send this to so I'm sending it to
> both. Thanks so much in advance for you help.

Hi Tamir,

as usual the first thing is to check that you can connect to the DB with
psycopg in Python and then make sure that psycopg got installed in Zope
Python.

Charlie

Re: Zope and ZPsycopgDA almost working...

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 12:21, Tamir Halperin wrote:
> Hi Robert. Thanks for the feedback. My comments and questions below...

According to the guys on IRC, *bsd puts the files in
/usr/local/pgsql/data; if not do a "find" for the files to figure out
where they are. Once you find them, you'll need to set tcpip_sockets =
true and you'll need to add a line like:
host    all        all    <zope box ip>    255.255.255.255    trust
to your pg_hba.conf

you'll need to do a pg_ctl reload once you make the changes.

Robert Treat