Обсуждение: Appliying Rules and Triggers

Appliying Rules and Triggers

От
Daniel Rubio
Дата:
Hi!

Does anyone knows if it's possible to apply an determinated rule or
trigger to all the tables of an databese without having to declare it
specifically?

I want to apply an rule to all the tables for all my databases
automatically, it is, that if I create a new table i won't have to apply
the rule for this table because it is applied for all.

My english is horrible and I don't know how to explain it better, I hope
you understand.

Thanks in advance

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio@oasi.org

Fatal Error

От
LORENZ
Дата:
Hi, i'm a new commers in postgresql
i've installed postgresql version 7.2.4.tar.gz,
i found an error when executing /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data
the following message :
FATAL 1:  Can't read lock file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock: Permission denied

i run the command as postgres user ( after su - postgres)

what's the problem + solutions ??

regards
-lorenz-
-INdonesia-

Re: Appliying Rules and Triggers

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Fri, 7 Mar 2003, Daniel Rubio wrote:

> Does anyone knows if it's possible to apply an determinated rule or
> trigger to all the tables of an databese without having to declare it
> specifically?

AFAIK no.What are you trying to do specifically?

Re: Fatal Error

От
Aspire Something
Дата:
Lorez ,
From the data you have provided

> Hi, i'm a new commers in postgresql
> i've installed postgresql version 7.2.4.tar.gz,
> i found an error when executing /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -D
> /usr/local/pgsql/data
> the following message :
> FATAL 1:  Can't read lock file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock: Permission denied

The Problem is :
1. Some service is already running on the port  5432
Solution
    a. Change the port of PostreSQL
    b. Identify the service runnning on 5432 and see if you can run it on
some other port

Regards,
V Kashyap

> i run the command as postgres user ( after su - postgres)
>
> what's the problem + solutions ??
>

> regards
> -lorenz-
> -INdonesia-

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Appliying Rules and Triggers

От
Daniel Rubio
Дата:
> AFAIK no.What are you trying to do specifically?

My plan is to REVOKE insert privileges to an user when his database
growths more than the quota we assign to them ...

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez
OASI (Organisme Autònom Per la Societat de la Informació)
c/ Assalt, 12
43003 - Tarragona
Tef.: 977.244.007 - Fax: 977.224.517
e-mail: drubio@oasi.org

Re: Fatal Error

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 07:28:54PM +0700, LORENZ wrote:
> the following message :
> FATAL 1:  Can't read lock file /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock: Permission denied
>
> i run the command as postgres user ( after su - postgres)

Who owns the apprently-existing file  /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432.lock?  My
bet is you have some other postmaster running with a user other than
'postgres'.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110