Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 7.3 and SuSE 8.1 problem

PostgreSQL 7.3 and SuSE 8.1 problem

От
Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)
Дата:
Hi,

I have problem with SuSE Linux 8.1 and PostgreSQL 7.3 (all SuSE built
packages).

PostgreSQL server (which is launched via "rcpostgesql start") refuses
connections from localhost (to any database), whenever I am trying to
connect with phpPgAdmin or pgaccess with message "blah blah blah...
refused connection" as user "postgres" and no password (or password of
UNIX user "postgres").

However, I can connect with psql command-line utility as user
"postgres", AND with Webmin (without any additional logon parameters
except root/password at the beginning). This is quite strange.

I have checked PostgreSQL config files (hba.conf), and enabled all
connections from localhost and local network (192.168.*.*) with "trust"
parameter.

Also, I have changed password for UNIX user "postgres" as "abc", but
anyway, it did not worked from PHP and pgaccess.

PS. Yes, I have done "initdb", and PostgreSQL server is running.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

*   Best Regards   ---   Andrei Verovski
*
*   Personal Home Page
*   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac
*   Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site

Re: PostgreSQL 7.3 and SuSE 8.1 problem

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
On Wednesday 22 January 2003 10:35, Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) wrote:
> PostgreSQL server (which is launched via "rcpostgesql start") refuses
> connections from localhost (to any database), whenever I am trying to
> connect with phpPgAdmin or pgaccess with message "blah blah blah...
> refused connection" as user "postgres" and no password (or password of
> UNIX user "postgres").

> However, I can connect with psql command-line utility as user
> "postgres", AND with Webmin (without any additional logon parameters
> except root/password at the beginning). This is quite strange.

Edit the 'tcpip_socket' line in postgresql.conf, which is in the same
directory as pg_hba.conf.  You want to enable this setting, which is disabled
by default.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: PostgreSQL 7.3 and SuSE 8.1 problem

От
Raúl Gutiérrez Sánchez
Дата:
Make sure you have started the server allowing TCP/IP connections (-i
option form postmaster command). Otherwise, only local Unix domain
socket connections are accepted.

Regards,
Raul Gutierrez