PostgreSQL 7.3 and SuSE 8.1 problem

От Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)
Тема PostgreSQL 7.3 and SuSE 8.1 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have problem with SuSE Linux 8.1 and PostgreSQL 7.3 (all SuSE built
packages).

PostgreSQL server (which is launched via "rcpostgesql start") refuses
connections from localhost (to any database), whenever I am trying to
connect with phpPgAdmin or pgaccess with message "blah blah blah...
refused connection" as user "postgres" and no password (or password of
UNIX user "postgres").

However, I can connect with psql command-line utility as user
"postgres", AND with Webmin (without any additional logon parameters
except root/password at the beginning). This is quite strange.

I have checked PostgreSQL config files (hba.conf), and enabled all
connections from localhost and local network (192.168.*.*) with "trust"
parameter.

Also, I have changed password for UNIX user "postgres" as "abc", but
anyway, it did not worked from PHP and pgaccess.

PS. Yes, I have done "initdb", and PostgreSQL server is running.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

*   Best Regards   ---   Andrei Verovski
*
*   Personal Home Page
*   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac
*   Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site