Обсуждение: Unable to automaticly load Postmaster.

Unable to automaticly load Postmaster.

От
"yudha"
Дата:
Dear Milist,
I've tried to upgrading my PostgreSQL to 7.3.
It's Cool, especialy for the SCHEMA and
I've been working on it. But one thing about
"Postmaster" is keeping me in headache. Should
I write "postmaster -D My_database" on every
single day ? Or Every I Restart My Server,
Could I write it once on somewhere...??,
Or Any Idea from the Master like you All ???.

GOD Bless You.

Re: Unable to automaticly load Postmaster.

От
"Rajesh Kumar Mallah."

if you are on linux

copy contrib/start-scripts/linux /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql

and as root do:

# chkconfig --add postgresql
# chkconfig postgresql start

if that does not works out you can add following line in
one of your start up scripts usually /etc/rc.d/rc.local

su -l postgres -c "pg_ctl -l /var/log/pgsql -D /path/to/My_database start"

make sure /var/log/pgsql exists and is writable by postgres.

regds
mallah.

--
Rajesh Kumar Mallah,