Обсуждение: How can I retrieve an info about function arguments ?

How can I retrieve an info about function arguments ?

От
"Zuev Dmitry"
Дата:
Hello All
Consider a function:
create function f(varchar(10), decimal(10,1)) returns integer as 'select 1;'
language sql;
I need to retreive full set of info about argument and return types (for
variable length too).
How I can get it from system catalog ?
For tables columns I can gen an info from pg_attribute table. But in case of
function no entry are present there.
pg_proc has no info about length of variable length types
__________________________________________________________________ Dmitry
Vitalievitch ICQ#: 11000008 Current ICQ status: + More ways to contact me

Re: How can I retrieve an info about function arguments ?

Дата:
"Zuev Dmitry" <envoy1@chat.ru> writes:
> Consider a function:
> create function f(varchar(10), decimal(10,1)) returns integer as 'select 1;'

There is no distinction between such a function and a function declared
    create function f(varchar, decimal)
Function arguments do not have length restrictions attached to them.

If they did, we couldn't write functions like numeric_add() and
textcat(), but would need an infinite number of variations of these
for each possible input length.

            regards, tom lane