Обсуждение: 3-tier

3-tier

От
Elielson Fontanezi
Дата:
Hi fellows!

    I'm interested in programming a first prototype to demonstrate
3-tier programming using PostGRE database.

      Windows                   Linux RH
Linux RH
    +---------+                +------------+
+------------+
    |  Java   |     ------------->   |   Any AS   |  ----------->  |
PostGRE   |
    +---------+                +------------+
+------------+

    Front-end                  Middletier
Back-end

    I would like to know which application server is recommended to work
on PostGRE.
    I intend to use WebSphere. Maybe other one is preferred.

    I am looking forward from you as soon as possible.

    Thanks all.

A Question...
Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I
have awaited a question.

Elielson Fontanezi
DBA Technical Support - PRODAM
Parque do Ibirapuera s/n - SP - BRAZIL
+55 11 5080 9493

Re: 3-tier

От
John Gunther
Дата:
PHP is an excellent, and constantly improving, intermediary platform for
3-tier applications. It generates dynamic web pages beautifully and has
interfaces to almost everything you can think of. It hasn't failed us
yet, and it's open source. It's massive reference manual is daunting,
but the existence of a good manual is itself a rarely found feature, and
it is available in Portuguese. Tudo bem!

 www.php.net

John Gunther
Bucks vs Bytes Inc

Elielson Fontanezi wrote:

>Hi fellows!
>
>    I'm interested in programming a first prototype to demonstrate
>3-tier programming using PostGRE database.

Re: 3-tier

От
"Chad R. Larson"
Дата:
At 04:28 AM 7/31/02 , Elielson Fontanezi wrote:
>I'm interested in programming a first prototype to demonstrate 3-tier
>programming using PostGRE database.

We're using FreeBSD/Apache for web servers, Macromedia JRun for the servlet
container and PostgreSQL for the back-end database.

We've just started looking at using Tomcat as a replacement for JRun, as it
is bundled with Solaris 9.

         -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad@eldocomp.com
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100

Re: [SQL] 3-tier

От
Achilleus Mantzios
Дата:
Well since you are already using good free software (pgsql)
you should probably consider jboss.

Not much fancy GUI staff, but serious J2EE work.
You can easily run a postgres service inside jboss.

--
Achilleus Mantzios
S/W Engineer