Обсуждение: create table permission

create table permission

От
bertdd@lumumba.luc.ac.be
Дата:
How can I give SELECT privileges to a table of a database without giving
CREATE TABLE privileges to that database ?

Bert De Decker

Re: create table permission

Дата:
bertdd@lumumba.luc.ac.be wrote:
> How can I give SELECT privileges to a table of a database without giving
> CREATE TABLE privileges to that database ?

You can't.  In 7.3, you will be able to.

Re: create table permission

От
Heni Lolov
Дата:
Hi,

This is the nost stupid thing in PostgreSQL, but there is no CREATE TABLE
privilege :(((((((
Everybody CAN create tables. Unfortunately it will not be inplemented even in
Pg 7.3 according to TODO list. The developers do not consider it as important
feature. In my opinion this is the most obvious security hole in PostgreSQL.
Really Stupid but FACT!!!!!

HEY PEOPLE WILL YOU EVER FIX IT?

Hal

--- bertdd@lumumba.luc.ac.be wrote:
> How can I give SELECT privileges to a table of a database without giving
> CREATE TABLE privileges to that database ?
>
> Bert De Decker

> http://archives.postgresql.org

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com

Re: create table permission

От
Rasmus Mohr
Дата:
What 'bout:

REVOKE ALL ON "table_name" FROM PUBLIC;
GRANT ALL ON "table_name" TO "postgres";
GRANT SELECT ON "table_name" TO "select_user";

???

Rasmus T. Mohr            Direct  :             +45 36 910 122
Application Developer     Mobile  :             +45 28 731 827
Netpointers Intl. ApS     Phone   :             +45 70 117 117
Vestergade 18 B           Fax     :             +45 70 115 115
1456 Copenhagen K         Email   : mailto:rmo@netpointers.com
Denmark                   Website : http://www.netpointers.com

"Remember that there are no bugs, only undocumented features."

Дата:
What about
a cycle taht does:
create table table1(....);
create table table2(....);
create table tableN(....);

and another:
insert into table1 values(.....);
insert into table2 values(.....);
insert into tablen values(.....);

And so on till out fo disk spoace occurs.
This could be done by even the most restricted users taht can access the
database.

Isn't is a huge and obvious secyrity hole?

Hal

--- Rasmus Mohr <rmo@Netpointers.com> wrote:
> What 'bout:
>
> REVOKE ALL ON "table_name" FROM PUBLIC;
> GRANT ALL ON "table_name" TO "postgres";
> GRANT SELECT ON "table_name" TO "select_user";
>
> ???

> Rasmus T. Mohr            Direct  :             +45 36 910 122
> Application Developer     Mobile  :             +45 28 731 827
> Netpointers Intl. ApS     Phone   :             +45 70 117 117
> Vestergade 18 B           Fax     :             +45 70 115 115
> 1456 Copenhagen K         Email   : mailto:rmo@netpointers.com
> Denmark                   Website : http://www.netpointers.com
>
> "Remember that there are no bugs, only undocumented features."

Дата:
This ain't a bug!
This is lack of an inportant reature feature.

--- Rasmus Mohr <rmo@Netpointers.com> wrote:
> Hmmm you may be right, i can't really tell. Did you submit this as a bug?

> Rasmus T. Mohr            Direct  :             +45 36 910 122
> Application Developer     Mobile  :             +45 28 731 827
> Netpointers Intl. ApS     Phone   :             +45 70 117 117
> Vestergade 18 B           Fax     :             +45 70 115 115
> 1456 Copenhagen K         Email   : mailto:rmo@netpointers.com
> Denmark                   Website : http://www.netpointers.com
>
> "Remember that there are no bugs, only undocumented features."

Дата:
Heni Lolov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the nost stupid thing in PostgreSQL, but there is no CREATE TABLE
> privilege :(((((((
> Everybody CAN create tables. Unfortunately it will not be inplemented even in
> Pg 7.3 according to TODO list. The developers do not consider it as important
> feature. In my opinion this is the most obvious security hole in PostgreSQL.
> Really Stupid but FACT!!!!!
>
> HEY PEOPLE WILL YOU EVER FIX IT?

Yes, it is stupid. It should have been fixed a long time ago.  It will
be fixed in 7.3.  I had not marked it as fixed in 7,3 on TODO but I will
right now.

ashwini sridhar
Дата:
--- Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> Heni Lolov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is the nost stupid thing in PostgreSQL, but
> there is no CREATE TABLE
> > privilege :(((((((
> > Everybody CAN create tables. Unfortunately it will
> not be inplemented even in
> > Pg 7.3 according to TODO list. The developers do
> not consider it as important
> > feature. In my opinion this is the most obvious
> security hole in PostgreSQL.
> > Really Stupid but FACT!!!!!
> >
> > HEY PEOPLE WILL YOU EVER FIX IT?
>
> Yes, it is stupid. It should have been fixed a long
> time ago.  It will
> be fixed in 7.3.  I had not marked it as fixed in
> 7,3 on TODO but I will
> right now.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |
> http://candle.pha.pa.us
>   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610)
> 853-3000
>   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe
> Avenue
>   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel
> Hill, Pennsylvania 19026

majordomo@postgresql.org

=====
bbye - ashwini