Обсуждение: Problem while connecting pgAdmin II v1.2

Problem while connecting pgAdmin II v1.2

От
"sreedhar" (by way of Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Hi,

What version of PostgreSQL do you use?
I sent a copy of your email to the pgAdmin-hackers list.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

**********
Hi all,

Thanks alot for response. I installed pgAdmin II v1.2. But while connection
i am getting the following error.

"An Error has occured in pgAdminII : frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click"

Number : -2147467259
Description : Error while executing the query:
ERROR: Attribute 'datlastsysoid' not found.

Please let me know how can I connect .

Regards,
sreedhar

CREATE TABLE privilege - will it be implemented?

От
Heni Lolov
Дата:
Hi
I am very interested in the possibility to allow and
disallow users to create tables, views and etc. I am
waiting for this since version 6.5.
I hoped that it will apear in 7.2 but was wrong.
Will it be available soon? I have planned migration to
PG over a year but it is inpossible due to this
limitation. I can not believe such great and  full of
features (some of them quite exotic) database lacks
this usual, extremely important and  necessary
feature.

So are there any plans of implementig this in the near
future?

I have looked in the mailing lists, there were some
discussions on this topic but nothing specific.

hal

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: CREATE TABLE privilege - will it be implemented?

Дата:
Heni Lolov wrote:
> Hi
> I am very interested in the possibility to allow and
> disallow users to create tables, views and etc. I am
> waiting for this since version 6.5.
> I hoped that it will apear in 7.2 but was wrong.
> Will it be available soon? I have planned migration to
> PG over a year but it is inpossible due to this
> limitation. I can not believe such great and  full of
> features (some of them quite exotic) database lacks
> this usual, extremely important and  necessary
> feature.
>
> So are there any plans of implementig this in the near
> future?
>
> I have looked in the mailing lists, there were some
> discussions on this topic but nothing specific.

It has been submitted as a patch was delayed because we were going to
overhaul the entire permission system.  What has happened is that
release after release has been made with no redesign, and not addition
of this feature.  I hope we can push for this in 7.3.

Re: CREATE TABLE privilege - will it be implemented?

Дата:
> It has been submitted as a patch was delayed because we were going to
> overhaul the entire permission system.  What has happened is that
> release after release has been made with no redesign, and not addition
> of this feature.  I hope we can push for this in 7.3.

I am expecting that it will fall out of the schema/namespace work more
or less for free: if you don't have write permissions on any schemas,
you can't create tables.

            regards, tom lane

Re: CREATE TABLE privilege - will it be implemented?

От
Karel Zak
Дата:
On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 09:19:18PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > It has been submitted as a patch was delayed because we were going to
> > overhaul the entire permission system.  What has happened is that
> > release after release has been made with no redesign, and not addition
> > of this feature.  I hope we can push for this in 7.3.
>
> I am expecting that it will fall out of the schema/namespace work more
> or less for free: if you don't have write permissions on any schemas,
> you can't create tables.

 But we can still think about better privilege system with more
 settings. For example Oracle's GRANT/REVOKE is still better :-)

 There was some planns, Peter, Jan? IMHO now is good time for open
 this theme again.

            Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>
 http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

 C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz, http://mape.jcu.cz

Re: CREATE TABLE privilege - will it be implemented?

От
Heni Lolov
Дата:
--- Karel Zak <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 09:19:18PM -0500, Tom Lane
> wrote:
> > > It has been submitted as a patch was delayed
> because we were going to
> > > overhaul the entire permission system.  What has
> happened is that
> > > release after release has been made with no
> redesign, and not addition
> > > of this feature.  I hope we can push for this in
> 7.3.
> >
> > I am expecting that it will fall out of the
> schema/namespace work more
> > or less for free: if you don't have write
> permissions on any schemas,
> > you can't create tables.
>
>  But we can still think about better privilege
> system with more
>  settings. For example Oracle's GRANT/REVOKE is
> still better :-)

I also think that this have to be done using GRAND and
REVOKE  ;)

>  There was some planns, Peter, Jan? IMHO now is
>  good time for open  this theme again.

I hope you will open it and you will not close it
untill the problem is solved:) It's sahme such great
BD to have this kind of limitation. I know some other
people taht use other DBs only for this reason.

Hal