Обсуждение: pgdumpall_file is bigger than 2 Gigabyte

pgdumpall_file is bigger than 2 Gigabyte

От
"David M. Richter"
Дата:
Hello!

Ive got a problem!
My database has the size of almost 5 Gigabytes.
So the dump will take at least 2 Gigs of harddisk.
But my Kernel supports only 2 Gig Files!

Any experiences with big dumpfiles?

Thanks a lot

DAvid

Вложения

Re: pgdumpall_file is bigger than 2 Gigabyte

От
"Ross J. Reedstrom"
Дата:
man split

Ross

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 05:07:43PM +0100, David M. Richter wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Ive got a problem!
> My database has the size of almost 5 Gigabytes.
> So the dump will take at least 2 Gigs of harddisk.
> But my Kernel supports only 2 Gig Files!
>
> Any experiences with big dumpfiles?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> DAvid

Re: pgdumpall_file is bigger than 2 Gigabyte

От
"Clement L. Rasul"
Дата:
On Saturday 08 December 2001 00:07, you wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Ive got a problem!
> My database has the size of almost 5 Gigabytes.
> So the dump will take at least 2 Gigs of harddisk.
> But my Kernel supports only 2 Gig Files!
>
> Any experiences with big dumpfiles?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> DAvid

Re: pgdumpall_file is bigger than 2 Gigabyte

От
Ian Barwick
Дата:
On Friday 07 December 2001 17:07, David M. Richter wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Ive got a problem!
> My database has the size of almost 5 Gigabytes.
> So the dump will take at least 2 Gigs of harddisk.
> But my Kernel supports only 2 Gig Files!
>
> Any experiences with big dumpfiles?

This:

http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?backup.html#BACKUP-DUMP-LARGE

may be of some use to you

Ian Barwick

Re: pgdumpall_file is bigger than 2 Gigabyte

От
Andreas Hödle
Дата:
"David M. Richter" schrieb:

> Hello!
>
> Ive got a problem!
> My database has the size of almost 5 Gigabytes.
> So the dump will take at least 2 Gigs of harddisk.
> But my Kernel supports only 2 Gig Files!
>
> Any experiences with big dumpfiles?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> DAvid

Hello

I guess "split" and "gzip" are your friends. You can pipe the
"pgdumpall" to "split" with option to cut the file into pieces.
Recommended is to use also "gzip" or similar to compress the files.

Hope this helps

--
Andreas Hödle (Systemadministration)

Kühn & Weyh Software GmbH
Linnestr. 1-3
79110 Freiburg

WWW.KWSOFT.DE

Re: pgdumpall_file is bigger than 2 Gigabyte

От
"Florian Helmberger"
Дата:
Hi.

I'm just quoting the answer to a similar question a few weeks ago:

->Hello
->
->I guess "split" and "gzip" are your friends. You can pipe the
->"pgdumpall" to "split" with option to cut the file into pieces.
->Recommended is to use also "gzip" or similar to compress the files.
->
->Hope this helps
->
->--