Обсуждение: setting up ODBC

setting up ODBC

От
Jodi Kanter
Дата:
Thanks to those that have responded to my issue. I have done all that I think was recommended:

My Windows workstation has the psqlODBC driver
I added ODBC extensions to the base catalogs
I added the -i switch to my postmaster startup in order to turn on TCPIP connections
I modified my pg_hba.conf to make sure that my PC could connect

... I am still getting the following error when trying to connect:
ODBC--call failed
could not connect to the server
could not connect to remote socket #101

any thoughts?
thanks
Jodi

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator
University of Virginia
(804) 924-2846
jkanter@virginia.edu

Re: setting up ODBC

От
Derek Neighbors
Дата:
> ... I am still getting the following error when trying to connect:
> ODBC--call failed
> could not connect to the server
> could not connect to remote socket #101
>
> any thoughts?
Try psql -h localhost <dbname> on the server witth postgres. If that fails
then you know you have a sockets problem and not an odbc problem.

-Derek

Re: setting up ODBC

От
Jay Wren
Дата:
You can also use netstat to see if it is listening.

Postgres usually listens on port 5432 right?  so examine netstat -na and
see if anything is listening on tcp port 5432.

If you are using a recent version of linux, netstat has the -p option that
will name the process listening on that port. Otherwise, use lsof to find
that.

If you find it is listening, make sure the name/password you are using
works.  Try psql to verify this.

-J