Обсуждение: Row size limitation

Row size limitation

От
"Christian Pomar"
Дата:
Hi,

I have read that PostgreSQL has a row size limitaton to 8 or 32 Kb. Is this
true? Doesn't exist any way of surpassing this limitation?

Isn't that a serious limitation for a datababase?

Re: Row size limitation

От
R D
Дата:
Hi,
yes it's true, but it's not so serious. Me and many
other people are working with postgreSQL and never
felt this limit. So if you want to insert some large
data in a row, for example picture, you should use
Large Objects (See the manuals).
 And now the good news: the upcomming PostgreSQL 7.1
will not have this limit.

regards,
Rumen