Обсуждение: Can't dump database

Can't dump database

От
John Stäck
Дата:
I can't do database dumps! I just get this error message:
getFuncs(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1255 -2
'.

This is regardless of which database I try to dump (including newly created
totally empty ones), with which user (my "normal" user, any other user or
postgres), or whether or not the database has any functions in it.
If I run pg_dumpall, it starts dumping some stuff from template1, but when
it connects to the first "regular" database, it bails ut with the same
error. Also, just running "pg_dump template1" generates that same error too.

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on LinuxPPC-2000. I've also tried the same
thing on LinuxPPC-1999. Same result.

/John

Re: Can't dump database

От
Giovanni Ianelli
Дата:
John Stäck wrote:
I can't do database dumps! I just get this error message:
getFuncs(): SELECT failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
getattproperties: no attribute tuple 1255 -2
'.

This is regardless of which database I try to dump (including newly created
totally empty ones), with which user (my "normal" user, any other user or
postgres), or whether or not the database has any functions in it.
If I run pg_dumpall, it starts dumping some stuff from template1, but when
it connects to the first "regular" database, it bails ut with the same
error. Also, just running "pg_dump template1" generates that same error too.

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on LinuxPPC-2000. I've also tried the same
thing on LinuxPPC-1999. Same result.

/John

I found the same problem. I'm running postgresql 7.0.2
under LinuxPPC 1999 but I copy a db to a postgresql 7.0.1
under Suse 6.4 i586 and now i have the same problem on
this pc ,too.
--
"Tutto nel mondo e' burla..
l'uom..e' nato burlone,burlone,burlone!"

Re: Can't dump database

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
I'm not sure this will have anything to do with it, but
what do you get when you do a
select * from pg_attribute where attrelid=1255;

Without looking into code, I'm guessing that the 1255 might be the
relation oid and -2 the attribute number (which would be oid?).

Stephan Szabo
sszabo@bigpanda.com