Обсуждение: Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

От
"Kanitchet Vaiassava"
Дата:
Possible bug report (comment on database disappeared on pgAdmin 1.16.1)
- I found that in pgAdmin 1.16.1 COMMENT ON DATABASE disappeared on SQL pane and in the properties of Database
However, when I reopen with pgAdmin 1.16.0 or below the comment reappeared

OS Client : Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (LANGUAGE THAI)
PostgreSQL Server 9.1.2 x64 on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Re: Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 17:00 +0700, Kanitchet Vaiassava wrote:
> Possible bug report (comment on database disappeared on pgAdmin 1.16.1)
> - I found that in pgAdmin 1.16.1 COMMENT ON DATABASE disappeared on SQL pane and in the properties of Database
> However, when I reopen with pgAdmin 1.16.0 or below the comment reappeared
>
> OS Client : Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (LANGUAGE THAI)
> PostgreSQL Server 9.1.2 x64 on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

I don't see any issue with comments on database.

Can you give us the steps you followed and what behaviour didn't work
according to you?

Thanks.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

От
ldrlj1
Дата:
how to recreate issue:
Right click on database name
Choose Properties
Enter some text in the comments area
Click OK.

When you open up the properties for the database, you will not see the
comments previously entered. Those comments are stored in pg_shdescription.

Re: Re: Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

От
"Vjacheslav A."
Дата:
The same issue is for me, comments just not displayed in 1.16.1,
but normally displayed in 1.14.3,
WinXP SP3, PG 9.1.7.

When you open up the properties for the database, you will not see the
comments previously entered. Those comments are stored in pg_shdescription.

Re: Re: Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Vjacheslav A. <eferalgan@gmail.com> wrote:
> The same issue is for me, comments just not displayed in 1.16.1,
> but normally displayed in 1.14.3,
> WinXP SP3, PG 9.1.7.
>

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM, ldrlj1 <russelljanusz@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> how to recreate issue:
>> Right click on database name
>> Choose Properties
>> Enter some text in the comments area
>> Click OK.
>>
>> When you open up the properties for the database, you will not see the
>> comments previously entered. Those comments are stored in
>> pg_shdescription.

I've tested this on Windows and Mac, with PostgreSQL 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2
and everything works as it should here.

Can you please:

- Go to File -> Options -> Logging and enable Debug logging.
- Close pgAdmin.
- Delete the log file.
- Start pgAdmin
- Connect to a server
- Set a comment on a database
- Quit pgAdmin
- Start pgAdmin and connect to the server again
- Edit/set the comment on the same database again.
- Quit pgAdmin

Then, send the logfile to the list.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

От
"Vjacheslav A."
Дата:
Here is log.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Vjacheslav A. <eferalgan@gmail.com> wrote:
> The same issue is for me, comments just not displayed in 1.16.1,
> but normally displayed in 1.14.3,
> WinXP SP3, PG 9.1.7.
>

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM, ldrlj1 <russelljanusz@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> how to recreate issue:
>> Right click on database name
>> Choose Properties
>> Enter some text in the comments area
>> Click OK.
>>
>> When you open up the properties for the database, you will not see the
>> comments previously entered. Those comments are stored in
>> pg_shdescription.

I've tested this on Windows and Mac, with PostgreSQL 9.0, 9.1 and 9.2
and everything works as it should here.

Can you please:

- Go to File -> Options -> Logging and enable Debug logging.
- Close pgAdmin.
- Delete the log file.
- Start pgAdmin
- Connect to a server
- Set a comment on a database
- Quit pgAdmin
- Start pgAdmin and connect to the server again
- Edit/set the comment on the same database again.
- Quit pgAdmin

Then, send the logfile to the list.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения

Re: Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Vjacheslav A. <eferalgan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is log.

Thanks. Like another I was sent offlist, it looks fine. Can you please
run "SELECT * FROM pg_shdescription", and tell me if you see the
comment you added in there?

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Possible bug report (comment on database disappered on pgAdmin 1.16.1)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Nevermind - the reason I couldn't reproduce the issue is that it's
already fixed. I must have spotted it while I was working on this
change: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=commit;h=7b20a39c7f018c12901e15cc23bb827517242bd1

So, the problem will be resolved in 1.16.2.