Обсуждение: SQL pane freezes while editing

SQL pane freezes while editing

От
Colin Beckingham
Дата:
Dev 1.17, wxwidgets 2.9.3

Some time ago I reported that my pgadmin SQL editor showed freeze
behaviour under certain conditions:
multiple SQL lines
containing parentheses
remove one left parenthesis, then try to put it back,
pane freezes, with or without disappearance of text
replaced by a light blue background
freeze can be removed by using mouse to drag horizontal slider forth and
back.

This appears to be related to the 'word wrap' setting.
Default editor word wrap setting is off.
Using word wrap off, above behaviour is observed.
Switch word wrap on, behaviour is not observed.
Anyone else see this?
--
---
Colin Beckingham

Re: SQL pane freezes while editing

От
Michael Shapiro
Дата:
wrapthere is no scrollbar<br /><br />I was able to remove the left parenthesis and put it back without any problems
Beckingham<span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:colbec@start.ca" target="_blank">colbec@start.ca</a>></span> wrote:<br
/><blockquoteclass="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Dev 1.17,
wxwidgets2.9.3<br /><br /> Some time ago I reported that my pgadmin SQL editor showed freeze behaviour under certain
canbe removed by using mouse to drag horizontal slider forth and back.<br /><br /> This appears to be related to the
'wordwrap' setting.<br /> Default editor word wrap setting is off.<br /> Using word wrap off, above behaviour is
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support"
/>

On 07/27/2012 05:04 AM, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> I tried this and could not replicate the behavior
> The SQL is used looked like
>
>    select * from x
>   where (g = 5
>     and   h =6
>     and y = 7)
>
> without word wrap there is a scroll bar
> with word wrap there is no scrollbar
>
> I was able to remove the left parenthesis and put it back without any
> problems under both word wrap settings.
>

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@start.ca
> <mailto:colbec@start.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Dev 1.17, wxwidgets 2.9.3
>
>     Some time ago I reported that my pgadmin SQL editor showed freeze
>     behaviour under certain conditions:
>     multiple SQL lines
>     containing parentheses
>     remove one left parenthesis, then try to put it back,
>     pane freezes, with or without disappearance of text
>     replaced by a light blue background
>     freeze can be removed by using mouse to drag horizontal slider forth
>     and back.
>
>     This appears to be related to the 'word wrap' setting.
>     Default editor word wrap setting is off.
>     Using word wrap off, above behaviour is observed.
>     Switch word wrap on, behaviour is not observed.
>     Anyone else see this?
>     --
>     ---
>     Colin Beckingham
>     613-454-5369 <tel:613-454-5369>
>     http://www.it4gh.com
>
>     --

Thanks for your input.
Agreed, your example works correctly under both settings.

Please try the following SQL as a text example.
Switch on line numbers in the editor, you should find left parens
on lines 8,9,10,13 and 26.
In my editor, with word wrap off, any attempt to edit 8 through 13
left parenthesis, ie, remove it and put it back
results in sluggish keyboard, vertical bar cursor stops flashing
and mouse fails to move cursor until I drag the slider.
Editing left paren on line 26 is fine.
-------------------

CREATE TABLE inspbox
(  ibid serial NOT NULL,  icid integer,  "position" smallint,  fbcount smallint,  fecount smallint,  CONSTRAINT
inspbox_pkeyPRIMARY KEY (ibid ),  CONSTRAINT fk2 FOREIGN KEY (icid)      REFERENCES inspcol (icid) MATCH SIMPLE      ON
UPDATENO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION

)
WITH (  OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE inspbox  OWNER TO colin;

-- Index: inspbox.fki_fk2

-- DROP INDEX inspbox.fki_fk2;

CREATE INDEX fki_fk2  ON inspbox  USING btree  (icid );
------------------

--
---
Colin Beckingham
613-454-5369
http://www.it4gh.com

Re: SQL pane freezes while editing

От
Michael Shapiro
Дата:
Fri,Jul 27, 2012 at 4:59 AM, Colin Beckingham <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:colbec@start.ca"
.8ex;border-left:1px#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br /><br /> On 07/27/2012 05:04 AM, Michael Shapiro wrote:<br
/><blockquoteclass="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> I tried this
href="mailto:colbec@start.ca"target="_blank">colbec@start.ca</a><br /> <mailto:<a href="mailto:colbec@start.ca"
agoI reported that my pgadmin SQL editor showed freeze<br />     behaviour under certain conditions:<br />     multiple
panefreezes, with or without disappearance of text<br />     replaced by a light blue background<br />     freeze can
tothe 'word wrap' setting.<br />     Default editor word wrap setting is off.<br />     Using word wrap off, above
value="+16134545369">613-454-5369</a><tel:<a href="tel:613-454-5369" target="_blank"
value="+16134545369">613-454-5369</a>><br/>     <a href="http://www.it4gh.com"
<ahref="http://www.postgresql.org/__mailpref/pgadmin-support"
href="http://www.postgresql.org/mailpref/pgadmin-support"
followingSQL as a text example.<br /> Switch on line numbers in the editor, you should find left parens<br /> on lines
8,9,10,13and 26.<br /> In my editor, with word wrap off, any attempt to edit 8 through 13<br /> left parenthesis, ie,
removeit and put it back<br /> results in sluggish keyboard, vertical bar cursor stops flashing<br /> and mouse fails
FOREIGNKEY (icid)<br />       REFERENCES inspcol (icid) MATCH SIMPLE<br />       ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO

On 07/27/2012 07:14 AM, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> [...]
>

>     Thanks for your input.
>     Agreed, your example works correctly under both settings.
>
>     Please try the following SQL as a text example.
>     Switch on line numbers in the editor, you should find left parens
>     on lines 8,9,10,13 and 26.
>     In my editor, with word wrap off, any attempt to edit 8 through 13
>     left parenthesis, ie, remove it and put it back
>     results in sluggish keyboard, vertical bar cursor stops flashing
>     and mouse fails to move cursor until I drag the slider.
>     Editing left paren on line 26 is fine.
>     -------------------
>
>     CREATE TABLE inspbox
>     (
>        ibid serial NOT NULL,
>        icid integer,
>        "position" smallint,
>        fbcount smallint,
>        fecount smallint,
>        CONSTRAINT inspbox_pkey PRIMARY KEY (ibid ),

Okay, thanks. So the issue continues to be system specific.

At least the word wrap thing is a convenient workaround which comes at
little to no cost.

--
---
Colin Beckingham
613-454-5369
http://www.it4gh.com

Re: SQL pane freezes while editing

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 07:39 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:

> [...]
> >        "position" smallint,
> >        fbcount smallint,
> >        fecount smallint,
> >        CONSTRAINT inspbox_pkey PRIMARY KEY (ibid ),
> >        CONSTRAINT fk2 FOREIGN KEY (icid)
> >            REFERENCES inspcol (icid) MATCH SIMPLE
> >            ON UPDATE NO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION
> >     )
> >     WITH (
> >        OIDS=FALSE
> >     );
> >     ALTER TABLE inspbox
> >        OWNER TO colin;
> >
> >     -- Index: inspbox.fki_fk2
> >
> >     -- DROP INDEX inspbox.fki_fk2;
> >
> >     CREATE INDEX fki_fk2
> >        ON inspbox
> >        USING btree
> >        (icid );
> >     ------------------
> >

> Okay, thanks. So the issue continues to be system specific.
>
> At least the word wrap thing is a convenient workaround which comes at

I uppose Michael isn't using 2.9 release of wxWidgets. Your issue may be
more related to this than to the system.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: SQL pane freezes while editing

От
Michael Shapiro
Дата:
at6:53 AM, Guillaume Lelarge <span dir="ltr"><<a href="mailto:guillaume@lelarge.info"
.8ex;border-left:1px#ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class="HOEnZb"><div class="h5">On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 07:39 -0400,
/><ahref="http://www.dalibo.com" target="_blank">http://www.dalibo.com</a><br /><br

Re: SQL pane freezes while editing

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 07:29 -0500, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> How do I determine which version of wxWidgets are being used?

Quickly, if you don't know, you're using 2.8, just like (100% - 1)
persons in the world :)

If you didn't compile it yourself (which means also compiling
wxWidgets), then you're using 2.8 release. Otherwise, you may be using
2.9 but you must know because you had to download wxWidgets source files
to compile them.