Re: SQL pane freezes while editing

От Colin Beckingham
Тема Re: SQL pane freezes while editing
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On 07/27/2012 05:04 AM, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> I tried this and could not replicate the behavior
> The SQL is used looked like
>
>    select * from x
>   where (g = 5
>     and   h =6
>     and y = 7)
>
> without word wrap there is a scroll bar
> with word wrap there is no scrollbar
>
> I was able to remove the left parenthesis and put it back without any
> problems under both word wrap settings.
>

> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@start.ca
> <mailto:colbec@start.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Dev 1.17, wxwidgets 2.9.3
>
>     Some time ago I reported that my pgadmin SQL editor showed freeze
>     behaviour under certain conditions:
>     multiple SQL lines
>     containing parentheses
>     remove one left parenthesis, then try to put it back,
>     pane freezes, with or without disappearance of text
>     replaced by a light blue background
>     freeze can be removed by using mouse to drag horizontal slider forth
>     and back.
>
>     This appears to be related to the 'word wrap' setting.
>     Default editor word wrap setting is off.
>     Using word wrap off, above behaviour is observed.
>     Switch word wrap on, behaviour is not observed.
>     Anyone else see this?
>     --
>     ---
>     Colin Beckingham
>     613-454-5369 <tel:613-454-5369>
>     http://www.it4gh.com
>
>     --

Thanks for your input.
Agreed, your example works correctly under both settings.

Please try the following SQL as a text example.
Switch on line numbers in the editor, you should find left parens
on lines 8,9,10,13 and 26.
In my editor, with word wrap off, any attempt to edit 8 through 13
left parenthesis, ie, remove it and put it back
results in sluggish keyboard, vertical bar cursor stops flashing
and mouse fails to move cursor until I drag the slider.
Editing left paren on line 26 is fine.
-------------------

CREATE TABLE inspbox
(  ibid serial NOT NULL,  icid integer,  "position" smallint,  fbcount smallint,  fecount smallint,  CONSTRAINT
inspbox_pkeyPRIMARY KEY (ibid ),  CONSTRAINT fk2 FOREIGN KEY (icid)      REFERENCES inspcol (icid) MATCH SIMPLE      ON
UPDATENO ACTION ON DELETE NO ACTION

)
WITH (  OIDS=FALSE
);
ALTER TABLE inspbox  OWNER TO colin;

-- Index: inspbox.fki_fk2

-- DROP INDEX inspbox.fki_fk2;

CREATE INDEX fki_fk2  ON inspbox  USING btree  (icid );

--
---
Colin Beckingham

Сообщение: Re: SQL pane freezes while editing
Сообщение: Re: SQL pane freezes while editing