Обсуждение: Edit data on the data output tab

Edit data on the data output tab

От
"Nelson A. de Oliveira"
Дата:
Hi!

We can edit the data from a table by using View Data → View Filtered
Rows, but we can't edit the same data when running the same query in
the SQL Editor.
Is it possible to be able to edit the data when viewing it via the
Data Output in the SQL Editor too?

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson

Re: Edit data on the data output tab

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 11:39 -0300, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We can edit the data from a table by using View Data → View Filtered
> Rows, but we can't edit the same data when running the same query in
> the SQL Editor.
> Is it possible to be able to edit the data when viewing it via the
> Data Output in the SQL Editor too?

No. And I don't see how we would be able to do that. Even if you simply
do a "SELECT * FROM something", that "something" may be many thing: a
table of course, but also a view, a foreign table.

So, no, sorry. (no as in "not me")

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Edit data on the data output tab

От
Claudio Freire
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> No. And I don't see how we would be able to do that. Even if you simply
> do a "SELECT * FROM something", that "something" may be many thing: a
> table of course, but also a view, a foreign table.
>
> So, no, sorry. (no as in "not me")

A few simple queries against pg_class, pg_constraint and pg_attribute
could answer whether it's possible to edit in-place and how (find
PKs), but the required queries would be bothersome against slow
connections, and would have to be executed for each query because each
case will be somewhat unique.

Somehow, though a useful feature, I cannot see a way to implement it
in a useful and non-intrusive way.

Re: Edit data on the data output tab

От
Michael Shapiro
Дата:
One idea is to provide a dialog that asks for the table and columns to use for the insert stmts.<br />That way the user
candefine the insert without having to actually export the data and write scripts to produce the inserts<br /> And it
class="gmail_quote">OnThu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Guillaume Lelarge <span dir="ltr"><<a
class="gmail_quote"style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 11:39
Data→ View Filtered<br /> > Rows, but we can't edit the same data when running the same query in<br /> > the SQL
Editor.<br/> > Is it possible to be able to edit the data when viewing it via the<br /> > Data Output in the SQL
"SELECT* FROM something", that "something" may be many thing: a<br /> table of course, but also a view, a foreign