Re: Edit data on the data output tab

От Claudio Freire
Тема Re: Edit data on the data output tab
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> No. And I don't see how we would be able to do that. Even if you simply
> do a "SELECT * FROM something", that "something" may be many thing: a
> table of course, but also a view, a foreign table.
>
> So, no, sorry. (no as in "not me")

A few simple queries against pg_class, pg_constraint and pg_attribute
could answer whether it's possible to edit in-place and how (find
PKs), but the required queries would be bothersome against slow
connections, and would have to be executed for each query because each
case will be somewhat unique.

Somehow, though a useful feature, I cannot see a way to implement it
in a useful and non-intrusive way.