Обсуждение: pgadmin III not recognizing that instrumentation is loaded

pgadmin III not recognizing that instrumentation is loaded

От
"Eric Boehm"
Дата:
I have a PostgreSQL 8.3.3 database running on a linux system. I
followed the instructions and built and installed the adminpack.so
library.

I ran the adminpack.sql commands, stopped and started the database but the
pgadmin Client tells me 'The server lacks instrumentation functions' when
I try to use Server Status

I can see that the functions are defined in the database
pg_catalog | pg_file_read                                 | text                       | text, bigint, bigintpg_catalog
|pg_file_rename                               | boolean                    | text, textpg_catalog | pg_file_rename
                        | boolean                    | text, text, textpg_catalog | pg_file_unlink
        | boolean                    | textpg_catalog | pg_file_write                                | bigint
         | text, text, boolean

pg_catalog | pg_logfile_rotate                            | integer

What else do I need to do?

I followed the instructions in the dialog
 PostgreSQL 8.2 and above include the instrumentation functions in the "adminpack" contrib module. After the module is
installed,you need to create the instrumentation functions in your maintenance database using the admin.sql script
(admin81.sqlfor PostgreSQL 8.1) which are usually located in the pgsql share directory (e.g. /usr/local/pgsql/share)

I don't see anything useful in the log file so I am not sure how to
debug why it thinks that the functions aren't there.

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm@nortel.com               \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail                               X   No proprietary

Re: pgadmin III not recognizing that instrumentation is loaded - SOLVED

От
"Eric Boehm"
Дата:
On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 07:46:16PM -0500, Eric Boehm wrote:
   Eric> I have a PostgreSQL 8.3.3 database running on a linux   Eric> system. I followed the instructions and built
andinstalled   Eric> the adminpack.so library.

   Eric> I ran the adminpack.sql commands, stopped and started the   Eric> database but the pgadmin Client tells me
'Theserver lacks   Eric> instrumentation functions' when I try to use Server Status

[intervening text deleted]
   Eric> I don't see anything useful in the log file so I am not sure   Eric> how to debug why it thinks that the
functionsaren't there.

I found my error. I had installed the functions into the wrong
database. Once I installed into the postgres database, everything
started working.

My aplologies for the wasted bandwidth.

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm@nortel.com               \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail                               X   No proprietary
word-processing
Respect Open Standards         / \  files in mail

Re: pgadmin III not recognizing that instrumentation is loaded - SOLVED

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Eric Boehm <boehm@nortel.com> wrote:

> I found my error. I had installed the functions into the wrong
> database. Once I installed into the postgres database, everything
> started working.

:-)

> My aplologies for the wasted bandwidth.

No problem.

--
Dave Page

Re: pgadmin III not recognizing that instrumentation is loaded

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 12:46 AM, Eric Boehm <boehm@nortel.com> wrote:
> I have a PostgreSQL 8.3.3 database running on a linux system. I
> followed the instructions and built and installed the adminpack.so
> library.
>
> I ran the adminpack.sql commands, stopped and started the database but the
> pgadmin Client tells me 'The server lacks instrumentation functions' when
> I try to use Server Status

What database did you run the script in, and what database is
specified as the 'Maintenance Database' on the server properties
dialogue?

--
Dave Page