Обсуждение: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup

PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup

От
Christophe Chauvet
Дата:

Re: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Christophe Chauvet wrote:

> Hi dave
>
> i found a problem with PgAgent under Windows, the service start before "Postgresql Database Server
> 8.2" and i have this message in Event Viewer
>
> Couldn't create connection: n'a pas pu se connecter au serveur : Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
>     Le serveur est-il actif sur l'hôte « 127.0.0.1 »
>     et accepte-t-il les connexions TCP/IP sur le port 5432 ?
>
> If i restart PgAgent manually, it works.
>
> When i open the "PgAgent Scheduling Agent" properties dialog, under Depends Tab, PgAgent Service
> don't have any depends
>
> How can i resolved this problem ?

This is untested, but in theory...

In regedit, assuming your pgAgent service ID is pgagent, add a
REG_MULTI_SZ value called DependOnService under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\pgagent

Edit the value, and add the service ID of your local PostgreSQL
installation, eg. pgsql-8.2

Restart...

Regards Dave

Re: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup

От
Christophe Chauvet
Дата:

Re: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup

От
Christophe Chauvet
Дата:

Hi Dave

The only solution i see to beat this problem is to add a delay before connect to the PostgreSQL
Database with a new option (for exemple -d).

options
- -d <delay> Add delay (in second) before connect to the database.

pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent -d 10 -u postgres  ....

What do you think about this ?

Regards

Christophe Chauvet.

Christophe Chauvet a écrit :
> I have tested your solution, it work (in theory) :), but i have this message in the event viewer,
>
> "Couldn't create connection: FATAL:  the database system is starting up"
>
> How can we resolved this statement ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Christophe Chauvet
>
> Dave Page a écrit :
>
>> This is untested, but in theory...
>
>> In regedit, assuming your pgAgent service ID is pgagent, add a
>> REG_MULTI_SZ value called DependOnService under:
>
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\pgagent
>
>> Edit the value, and add the service ID of your local PostgreSQL
>> installation, eg. pgsql-8.2
>
>> Restart...
>
>> Regards Dave

- ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

- --

Cordialement.

Christophe Chauvet.
- --                               \|///                            \  - -  //                            (  @ @  )
**-------------------------oooO-(_)-Oooo------------------------**
Christophe Chauvet        mailto://christophe.chauvet@aznetwork.fr
xmpp://christophe.chauvet@jabber.fr

AZNetwork                                 http://www.aznetwork.fr/
**--------------------------------Oooo--------------------------**                          oooO   (   )
        (   )    ) /                          \ (    (_/                           \_)

Re: PgAgent fail to connect on Windows startup

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Christophe Chauvet wrote:
> Hi Dave
>
> The only solution i see to beat this problem is to add a delay before connect to the PostgreSQL
> Database with a new option (for exemple -d).
>
> options
> -d <delay> Add delay (in second) before connect to the database.
>
> pgAgent INSTALL pgAgent -d 10 -u postgres  ....
>
> What do you think about this ?

I expect to fix the problem properly in PostgreSQL tomorrow - I'm just
finishing off a patch to pg_ctl that implements the -w (wait) option in
pg_ctl when run in service mode. This will ensure that it doesn't reportthe service as running until recovery has
completedand connections are

possible.

Regards, Dave